TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.Does anybody know the length of the tlr clutch line?
At the next oil change i want to install the barnett clutch springs.When i remove the cover,will i need some gasket or sealant to put it back on?
Also i recently discovered that when the lights are off and i pull the brake,the parking lights come on,any solution on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,366 Posts
Hey Spyrious, I can't help you with the clutch cable length, but the clutch cover uses an o-ring type of gasket. So if you are careful when you remove the cover, the existing gasket should seal fine when you put it back together.

Concerning the electrical problem, chances are pretty good that there is a short between the White/Black wire coming from the front brake switch and the Brown wire that powers the parking lights. It is most likely due to wires being pinched near the steering head, but it actually could be shorted anywhere along the major portion of the loom because both wires nearly travel the full distance of the loom.

First, use a meter to verify that the short exists. Then disconnect the large white gang connector to seperate the front and rear looms, and measure again to see which side the short is on.

:)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks six5.I'll take a look.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I think its about 800mm

PM me if no one posts it up and i'll measure it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts