TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I purchased a TL1000R and I took the clutch cover off. To my horror 6 fingers on the clutch basket have snapped off.

I can replace the clutch basket, but do I need to find the fingers? Does this require me pulling the engine apart? It see it does not have a sump I can simply take off and clean..

Thanks

Daniel.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
....... To my horror 6 fingers on the clutch basket have snapped off.

I can replace the clutch basket, but do I need to find the fingers? Does this require me pulling the engine apart? It see it does not have a sump I can simply take off and clean.....
Welcome to The Forum Daniel!

You may be able to see or find most of the broken pieces after pulling off the right side engine cover. They may be caught in some of the cavities shown here. Also have a look at the catch screen that pulls out from the compartment directly below the clutch.
You will need a new gasket for this cover.

20171008_163027 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

20171008_134400 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I should also mention.....
In order to take that right hand engine cover off, the water pump impeller needs to be removed. In turn, that means the water pump seals need to be replaced. They are fragile and you won't be able to remove it without damaging the seals.

20171006_203924 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

Read up on water pump seal replacement before taking on this project. There are a couple quirks that need attention to make sure you do it right the first time.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
If they are not in there I would suspect that the previous owner may have known about it and hopefully removed the broken parts.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
send me the centre to weld for you while its apart.
I can supply basket too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts