TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need a little help here. I installed a clear clutch cover ( thanks to vandriver:hail ) and figured what the hell, might as well inspect the clutch while i'm at it. well i put everything back how it was,(i'm 99% sure) and went to go for a ride and, no go forward.WTF? so i go to take it apart and start loosening the springs, AND THE PRESSURE PLATE WAS MOVING WHIL IT WAS IN GEAR! It was like the clutch was partially engaged. When i let off the clutch lever, i could hold the bike at idle while it was in gear. Anybody have a link to that online service manual posted on here last year? in this order i have: Pressure plate, washer, pressure plate bearing, clutch pin (about50mm long), friction plate, steel disc, fric, disc, fric, disc, etc., what gives?:O

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
did you offset the last plate when installing it. Umm or the first plate while looking at it, did you align the marks on the plate and clutch basket (yes it is suoppsed to go in one way only) and did you do a major clutch adjustment on the worm drive afterwards?

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
cast in marks

There is a dot cast into the face of the pressure plate, line that up with the dot on the inner clutch basket.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oohhhh, grasshopper sees it with much clarity now. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts