TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have an issue with my 2000 TLR leaking clutch fluid from who knows where. I fill the reservoir take a 130 mile ride to and from work and I need to refill it again. I looked for looks at the master cylinder none: I looked for leaks around the shift and nipple, none. From reading the site I've ordered seals 22 and 32 from the micro fiche. If I'm off the mark please let me know. If I'm in the right area for repair I would appreciate knowing this one also. All and any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm the original owner with over 34,000 miles.

Cannon84

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow. If you're leaking a whole reservoir in just 130 miles then That's a pretty hefty leak. I'd recommend removing the slave cylinder from the side of the engine and Then look to see if the leak is apparent.
Odds are ; that's where you'll find your leak.
If not then I'd remove the bodywork from the left side of the engine and inspect the hose that runs between the master and slave cylinders.
:O

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roadrash for the advice. I'll pull everything off and check out the problem. This is a project that will have to wait until after Christmas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine didn't leak quite that quickly but it was my slave cylinder that was leaking on mine. I never really saw any on the floor but just a little on the slave cylinder. But my fluid level would go low every once in a while. I ended up buying the whole cylinder kit for about 100 bucks and it fixed the prob. Just remember when you put it back together to bleed, bleed, bleed the system and then when you think you have done it enough then bleed, bleed, bleed it again. For some reason the system only holds about 4 - 5 ounces but it seems to take forever to get all of the air out.

Good luck,
Fos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts