TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope all is well with you all. Have a question about the clutch actuator on my 97 TL1000s. I took it apart and put it back but don’t know how to adjust it my TL won’t turn on either the starter solenoid click and lights dim but no starter crank at all and fuel tank don’t prime as well , please help...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys hope all is well with you all. Have a question about the clutch actuator on my 97 TL1000s. I took it apart and put it back but don’t know how to adjust it my TL won’t turn on either the starter solenoid click and lights dim but no starter crank at all and fuel tank don’t prime as well , please help...
It’s not the battery cause it’s brand new. The starter won’t crank and fuel pump won’t prime.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
..... my TL won’t turn on either the starter solenoid click and lights dim but no starter crank at all and fuel tank don’t prime as well , please help...
OK, let's try this again. There is a method to my madness.....
I asked for the voltage numbers with your battery under a load, because the symptoms you list in your quote above are classic dead battery symptoms. Even if the battery is new, it can be bad. I have seen it happen, and I have personally encountered it.

Once you report the voltage numbers, then we will know which direction to go.

It’s not the battery cause it’s brand new. The starter won’t crank and fuel pump won’t prime.
Exactly, it wont prime or crank because the fuel pump and starter are not getting enough power.

They are not getting power because, either there is an open in the circuit, or .............the battery can't support the load. It may show a surface charge, but it isn't delivering enough current.

Measure the battery voltage when it is loaded and the truth will be plain to see. (y)

I have an after market ignition switch not the original. I don’t know what else to do...
This would have been a good detail to include in your initial post. While, it could be an issue at some point, the switch is not the cause of the no-crank condition. You did say the starter relay is clicking, so it is apparently getting some current. Therefore, the ignition switch is probably OK, and I am still suspecting a bad battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What circuit would it be that can be open. I’ve checked the relay the fuel pump connection and so far everything is fine. All connectors are clean.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Ok now it’s cranking but the pumps not priming
Why is it cranking now? What changed?
Intermittent clutch switch possibly? You were working on the clutch......

And battery is still pushing 13.6 volts...
I have never seen a battery maintain 13.6 volts while cranking a TL over. That might be a static voltage value, but I doubt it's under any serious load.

What circuit would it be that can be open. I’ve checked the relay the fuel pump connection and so far everything is fine. All connectors are clean.
You will need to make some voltage measurements at the fuel pump relay connector.
Do you have a wiring diagram handy?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I don’t, actually I do , sorry forgot I had it. What changes to relay have to be made?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts