TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya think? Thanks to Ghostmafia for his help with the bulb reflectors. I need to make some headlight angle adjustments, but otherwise I am happy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
nice wrk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks great. Wish mine was like that, but here in europe, suzuki decided to make one lamp different than the other.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Any reason you didn't install HID's :O

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like having flash-to-pass/hi/low beams. Removing the oem lens and using a clear one really makes a big difference in the lighting. There is a very clear cut-off, similar to HIDs. I'll post up more pics once I get the beams adjusted. If I ever get bored again I can always install HIDs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
no need. The kit comes up with interface with the bikes stock H4 connectors. Just plugs straight in. You use all the same switches you used before. Nothing new. HIDS don't have a two bulbs, only one. They use a small cover to shield the high beam. Click your normal high beam switch and a little servo lifts the shield to reveal the entire bulb pattern. On side lights you can just have the halo's running. Thats what I do.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! The whole reason I didn't go with HIDs is I didn't want any extra switches to operate in order to make the lights operational. Did you install headlight relays?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nope no additional relays. The only issue is where to put all the wires if you don't want to cut them. I didn't. Just hid them underneath and around the headlamp. The ballasts to kick start the bulbs are hidden underneath the headlamp along with the control modules. I've been running them for over 3 months now without a problem. I've left the hole for the original parking lamp bulb in the base of the headlamp open to allow any excess heat to get out rather leaving it completely sealed. Though I've felt the clear cover and it never seems to get really hot.

They are tens times brighter than my normal headlamps and the halo's look wicked.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is very similar looking to the box mine came in however I can't find the company I dealt with. I think its made in China. Came in about 4 days. No problems at all. They even asked what colour angel eyes I wanted in an email. Though i can't vouch for this company.

some of my build pictures
http://www.mypicx.com/01252010/HIDS/

I re-did my work on the headlamp outer lense as I wasn't happy with the original finish and fit. Patience is everything. In the last pic of the album it finally looks like a factory fit item. Which is the look I want for the whole bike. Nothing too bling.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Aredubu... looks good!!! Those reflectors look familliar... :laugh. The HID kit he is talking about I nearly bough too... but I swear it had two ballasts and stuff you had to hook up... no?

·
Registered
124 Posts
indeed two ballasts one for each light. They are so light and slim though. Barely weigh anything. The problem really is hiding the wires. Because its designed for a car it comes with enough wire to run it from the battery to the headlamps which on a car is a huge distance compared to a bike. i didnt want to cut my so just tied them all up neatly and hid them. All the connectors are just plug and play, no cutting or soldering. They even have little labels stuck to everything to tell you where the plugs go. I wired it up first on the floor first with a spare battery to make sure it all worked.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
So Harv, What was the process? You removed the plastic lens and the original bulb holders? How did you attach the new projectors?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts