TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...get a billet unit from Vandriver for a little less than that modded stock plastic cover...no durability issue then...

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
seen that one myself today his bike is at the NEC show im told robbing ****er :)
will see when i go down on saturday

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
...get a billet unit from Vandriver for a little less than that modded stock plastic cover...no durability issue then...
:stupid Or get one like this from rifleman for waaaaaaaay less.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
f---ING a-HOLE

This guy is just a fart in the wind and he to shall pass.
Rifleman and I have already spoken about this. This guy uses one of Rifleman's covers like it's his own at the show and then he claims that he is going to sell pressure plates like mine.( Good Luck)

He approached me about one of my covers, but apparently could not afford it, I never heard back from him after I sent him the price. If $230 was to large of a nut for him to crack, I do not see where he is going to come up with the money to put both of our products in production.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Aw come on, van. All you need is a hand drill, a file and some sandpaper - right? :lol

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yea, I like the pot shot he took at RM about "covers that have been knocking around." I haven't seen any complaints about RM's knocked around covers.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
:stupid Or get one like this from rifleman for waaaaaaaay less.
Since I only have one cover left, its not an issue, but define waaaaaaaay? His new cover with an anodized ring is $165, mine is $230. Or if you trade your cover, it is $100 and mine would be $230 and you can sell your cover for $40, so mine is then $190 either way the difference is less than $100, and it's a completely different product, the only thing that is the same is that you can see your pressure plate.

I hate being pitted against a fellow member, we get along fine, really.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Since I only have one cover left, its not an issue, but define waaaaaaaay? His new cover with an anodized ring is $165, mine is $230. Or if you trade your cover, it is $100 and mine would be $230 and you can sell your cover for $40, so mine is then $190 either way the difference is less than $100, and it's a completely different product, the only thing that is the same is that you can see your pressure plate.

I think he was comparing the eGay guy to Rifleman, not you. Yours and Rifleman's are both quality products. The difference in price is justifiable. I hope both of you keep coming up with more cool, custom parts for all of us who need more stuff to spend money on.:devious

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts

Yep, I meant compared to the one on ebay. Shoot, van, I bought one of yours! :)

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
seems like i can think of a few items you have knocked off vandriver...

:rolleyes

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
seems like i can think of a few items you have knocked off vandriver...

:rolleyes
Not from members! Go point that somewhere else.

Do you want to to go over the list? Sprocket cover, no one else makes an R cover, Pressure plates, no one else makes one for the TL, retainers, no one else makes them for the TL, Billet clutch cover, mine is a better product than Hinkel with more features and options, lighter and no leaks. Risers, Les helped me with these because he had no interest in production. Mirror blocks, mine were better, no ugly thru bolts. Battery box cover, no one else makes one. Swingarm pivot eccentrics, no one other than Yosh made them since 1998. Adjustable exhaust hangers, no one else made them. Front wheel spacers, no one makes them. Rear Reservoir, japs make them for a lot more, in less colors and this was requested by a member. adjustable TL rearset adapters, no one else made them. Hinkel window rings to fix leaky covers, no one made them.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
dont worry james, i just jealous

:)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just for the record, I bought RM's cover a month or so ago and I have a bunch of Van's parts! The quality from the zone members is 1st class and the service from both is impecable!!!! I wish we could put up a link in the page to go directly to RM's and Van's PM box! Hey van, speaking of the rearest adapters, yo gots anymore???

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
looks like the item has been yank.......

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Maybe it really was RM and the $300 was without the TLZ discount? :devious :laugh

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Linky no worky :O

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts