TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there fellow nutters, now me bike is tuked up for the winter im going to get some mods done to her before the good weather again, starting with chucking that bloody rotary damper away, any preferences ohlins or are ther any other alternatives, i also like the look that some of you guys have of the clear clutch cover any ideas where i can get one?
cheers
fellow nutter

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
TLZone member Vandriver makes a beautiful clear clutch cover, and he also makes the pressure plates to go inside, and bolts retainers, etc...

TLZone member Rifleman can mod your OEM cover with a plexi/lexan window and aluminum trim ring for a fee and swap basis.

I have an Ohlins, and although I haven't tried any other brands, I swear by the quality.

You can click on the "mod pics" link in my sig to see photos of my Ohlins, and my Vandriver clear clutch cover.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Take it you haven't found the Group Buy section and the Vanzuki section and the Speedking Motowerx section, Or been introduced to Rifleman who else did I forget :confused :laugh

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what she said, lol thanks for the input guys will contact vandriver, still unsure bout shocks tho.:banghead

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a Bitubo, probably the most cost effective solution to the SOAS elimination. I really didn't notice a huge difference, but I wasn't expecting one either. But you should notice a greater change on an S, as the S's SOAS were completely crapola.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers bud appreciate the input.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
On the shock thing theres no doubt that Ohlins would have to be considered the pick of the bunch quality wise,but at a price,personally not one i am prepared to pay.I guess if the sole reason to hang onto my TL was to go racing then i would possibly reconsider.Ive had mine for 10 years or so,it does big miles packed up with gear on trips around a country filled with some of the best motorcycle roads in the world and we travel pretty quick all things considered,when its not doing big trips its being hammered along some great twisty roads invariably in the company of later model bikes with which it keeps up with fine,does all this with a sorted front end and a Hagon damper (cheap option)on the rear end.Before spending the $ consider what your going to use the bike for and be realistic about your riding ability.Spending huge $ on suspenders and having chicken strips a mile long each side of your rubber seems somewhat a waste of dosh to me,money best spent on more mods:devious

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i think the ohlins is now a discontinued item, hagon units look good there are a few members with them they are about £260, they dont sell for much less on ebay used, there is another shop on ebay selling bitubo shocks (i didnt fancy that route, all the stress on one side of the swingarm, just my opinion)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mint! how much that little lot set ya back, if you dont mind me asking.
Mark ford, thanks for the input mate will do some research and see what they are going for, mainly she is riden properly! none of this sunday afternoon not going above 40 crap, nice twisty roads ridden properly and a few track days, i am off to france germany italy and spain touring next year with a few mates and a van ull of the luggage so we are not weighed down so want something good for those deacent roads over there.luke

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
mint! how much that little lot set ya back, if you dont mind me asking.
The Ohlins damper was close to $1500
The bracket to mount it the right way up about $2.
The clutch cover around $80,$60 ended up as swarf on the floor.
The SOAS maybe $60.

At 33p to the NZ$.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ncie one you selling?lol

·
Moderator,
8,250 Posts
Lindemann still has a few of the Penske setups available if you want one. Better hurry though, once these are gone there will be no more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts