1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
That's awesome. Seen Billy's bike on Discovery, but it was only a rear hubless. This bike looks unreal. with no hubs.:hail

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah those guys claim Billy Lane stole their idea. They smell a bit of desperation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That thing looks like it can handle with the best of them... in 100 foot arcs to turn around when you miss your driveway... I like the wheels, that's cool. Definately adds something different out there.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That thing is Bad Ass......

I hate harley's but i'd cruise around on that... And it's all because of the rims, or should i say lack of :laugh

J

·
0 Posts
it's better idea than finger cutting spinners.

I like the rear, it's just a hole. But how in the hell the power gets transmitted to the rear? where are the brakes?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Crane bearings with internal teeth, only smaller but I can't imagine it's a specially developed bearing. The rim might be split! which is handy for changing tyres and maybe essential for the drive and brake. There's enough bolts to keep things together anyway. :confused

Drawings please.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
One thing that always pisses me off about these things is that they don't show or build a legal street registerable version. :dunno

Show me that bike with a front and rear mudguard that meet DOT specs. Put some DOT indicators and brake light on it that pass all dimension tests, and a legal place to mount the number plate. How about an approved headlight too?

Without it being street legal, it's just a POS to me and I can't get excited or impressed. :crazy

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One thing that always pisses me off about these things is that they don't show or build a legal street registerable version. :dunno

Show me that bike with a front and rear mudguard that meet DOT specs. Put some DOT indicators and brake light on it that pass all dimension tests, and a legal place to mount the number plate. How about an approved headlight too?

Without it being street legal, it's just a POS to me and I can't get excited or impressed. :crazy

Dunno about Aussie reggie specs, but with a small front mudguard and a side mounted ear light/numberplate unit that could easily be registered here :yes Fromwhat seems to be allowed in the US, I would imagine that could easily be street legal over there too :)

I was wondering if the idea could be taken one step further ..... fill the sides of the wheels with perspex and like a big hamster wheel you could give the pooch a good excercise whilst you're out for a cruise ....... or even fill it with water and have some gold-fish in there :devious :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Dunno about Aussie reggie specs, but with a small front mudguard and a side mounted ear light/numberplate unit that could easily be registered here :yes Fromwhat seems to be allowed in the US, I would imagine that could easily be street legal over there too :)

I was wondering if the idea could be taken one step further ..... fill the sides of the wheels with perspex and like a big hamster wheel you could give the pooch a good excercise whilst you're out for a cruise ....... or even fill it with water and have some gold-fish in there :devious :laugh
I thought your legal number plates were fairly large?

Here the plate has to be visible x degrees (25 degrees I think) from both sides of the bike @ X metres. More or less rules out anything other than it being in the middle at the rear.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Alot of states here in the Colonies are like the wild west when it comes to bikes. No front fender, no turn signals, no horn. All you need is a plate, headlight, and a brake light. That's how it was in Illinois and I'm fairly certain AZ is the same way. Hell both states, I only wear a helmet because I want to, not because I have to.

I see a lot of custom bikes and cars running around that shouldn't be on the road.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought your legal number plates were fairly large?

Here the plate has to be visible x degrees (25 degrees I think) from both sides of the bike @ X metres. More or less rules out anything other than it being in the middle at the rear.

You can run smaller plates here, though not legal and done at the riders risk .... £30 fine if stopped .... :crazy

As for being central, no, they can go on the side I think, though personally I think they look sh*t!

Bikes here can run with "daytime" MOT's, and then they must either have no lights whatsoever (not even a brake-light) or headlight, tail-light and brake-light (which might as well be a normal MOT). I know of a couple of people who run their bikes in "track trim" in the summer, just putting a registration plate on to ride on the road :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts