TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on for a while, mostly because I have A. been working too much. B. I have been riding less (I think A and B could be related) and C. the TLR has been running great.

Well, all that has changed. I now have 3 days off a week, the rain stopped (here in SW Fl it rains all summer) and... the TLR isn't running so good.

It starts fine, and with the choke lever in the closed position, it runs fine. BUT as soon as you open up the choke, no matter how warm or even hot the bike is, it begins to stumble and then dies. if you are in gear and on the throttle you are fine, but as soon as you let off or stop, forget it.
I ran injector cleaner through it, cleaned the filter, checked for vacuam leaks, etc... with no results. its been doing it for about 1,000 miles, so its not a bikes -been -sitting kind of thing. I am thinking maybe the TPS, but what do you guys think....:O

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
try raising the idle :O

partially fouled plug maybe :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid

The tiller doesn't have a choke, its actually a fast idle lever and all it does is hold the throttle open just a tad. If it runs well otherwise, just adjust the idle up to ~1200 or whatever its supposed to be and you should be good. If it won't hold a steady 1000-1200rpm idle you might start by setting the TPS, sync'ing the TB's and then re-setting the TPS and then of course the idle.

have fun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts