TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first tl1000r I was looking over it and it looked like it had a choke on it what is the purpose of this if it is fuel injected WP_20150822_007.jpg WP_20150822_007.jpg WP_20150822_007.jpg

·
Registered
592 Posts
It is a fast idle lever. Depending on where you are in the world temperature wise, and how well your bike is adjusted you may or may not need to use it.

Personally mine doesn't like to start without it, however I know there are plenty of people on here that say they don't need to use it.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Its also handy as a low speed 'cruise control' very handy for maintaining 30 through towns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in Norway, and my uncle bought his 97 TLS new in 97. He still have it, and it has now travelled 50 000km. He have never used the fast idle, and the bike has started at first attempt every time. :) Now the fast idle level is stuck, because its not used :p

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Mine is set higher, at full fast idle I can cruise at 45mph, very handy in 40 limits to sit up and stretch a bit when on a long ride.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine is set higher, at full fast idle I can cruise at 45mph, very handy in 40 limits to sit up and stretch a bit when on a long ride.
Ditto, think I manage just over 45, which through a 50 limit on a motorway is very nice. People do look at you a bit weird though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts