TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
No experience but read a few stories on line about problems lining them up, thin paint and they destort when hot. Suppose the only true way to test is to purchase, i chickened out lol.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've got a set of aftermarket plastics on my tiller. Think mine were from Taiwan but generally they worked out pretty well.

I did manage to melt the replacement belly pan but that was only because I'm a moron and I forgot the heat shield padding when I put it all on.

For the money it was a no-brainer. Something like £350 for a full set of plastics (they even tossed in a spare double-bubble screen) complete with decals. Fitting was fine. Everything lined up. Didn't need to drill or file anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hi, I've got probably 5 kits for various bikes. The kit you give as an example is Compression moulding, don't buy, only buy the injection moulded fairings. Loads of TLR ones out there. The injection moulded fairings are as good as OE fit wise but generally have better paint. I've done over 40,000 miles on some of them, no cracks, broken mounts etc. Only way to go. J

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I've got probably 5 kits for various bikes. The kit you give as an example is Compression moulding, don't buy, only buy the injection moulded fairings. Loads of TLR ones out there. The injection moulded fairings are as good as OE fit wise but generally have better paint. I've done over 40,000 miles on some of them, no cracks, broken mounts etc. Only way to go. J
What he said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts