TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says it on the cluster, along with a flasing oil can. Once I start the bike, it goes away. Is this something I need to get checked? Oil level is fine and very clean

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:stupid

Its normal :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool beans, thanks for the fast reply guys. Its been doing for as long as I could remember, but figured I'd ask anyways. Never got a manual with mine. While I am babbeling, anybody know what bulb is used in the tail lights? I took mine out, couldn't seem to find a number on them as to what size bulb they were. I want to order LED taillights because mine are not bright enough, I have them hooked up with the directionals too and they are just to dim that way

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Josephd14 said:
Or maybe it's because there is not much Oil Pressure when the engine is off..:O
:stupid
That would be exactly why the oil can flashes when the engine isn't running. You're in trouble if it's flashing while the engine is running. And there's something wrong if it doesn't flash when the engine is off - because you have no oil pressure, it should be on.

CHEC should be gone even when not running if - stand up, neutral, kill switch on, ignition on. Then it should show engine temp (or - - - if under 20C).

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
From the holy service manual page 4-27:

"CHEC" : The LCD panel indicates "CHEC" when no communication signal from the ECM is recieved for 5 seconds.

For Example: The ignition switch is turned ON, and the engine stop switch is turned OFF. In this case, the speedometer does no receive any signal from the ECM, and it indicates "CHEC". If the CHEC is indicated, the LCD does not indicate the trouble code. It is necessary to check the wiring harness between the ECM and speedometer couplers.
The possible causes of this indication is as follows:
Engine stop switch is in OFF position. Side-stand/ignition inter-lock system is not working. Ignition fuse is burnt.

Note: The LED lamp also turns ON when engine coolant temperature is high or oil pressure is low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts