TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't know if this is appropriate or not, so either flame me or thank me.:O

Since this is just informational (not me selling), I'm posting it here.

Lockhart-Phillips has a closeout on Traklock TLS steering damper kits for $89. (retail $229.95). I bought one and there are 3 left.....have at it and don't come cryin' to me if you fook it up.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trak...hZ002QQitemZ2491139368QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bimati....thx for the link just bought one....were u able to Paypal or did u have to call the credit card in? I didn't see a paypal addy

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought a bunch of LP crap and PayPal'd it all except for this damper....called them for payment. Not sure why it's that way.:O

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah...wierd ...thanks again

·
Registered
871 Posts
nice find!!!!

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Bimati...Picked up the last one, my stock damper has had it's day. kiwi.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Installed, tested, and loving it. Nice to have the adjustability and get that heavy stock unit/brackets out of the way.

That should make the KAD triple and Van's billet front res look good up top in a couple of weeks.

Note: Guy's who bought this - they supplied a 8X30 bolt for the fork clamp...it's too short. (I think because they forgot about the 7mm spacer). Save yourself the mounting trouble and buy a 8X35 bolt. You'll need it.

Bim

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Bimati, i was looking at how to set it up yesterday an noticed the bolt was too short (LP = lazy pricks)...Bikes in pieces at the mo, so there's no rush. Thanks again for the link.

flyinkiwi

·
Registered
601 Posts
does that mount on the forks like everybody else's dampener? or does it just go inplace of the stock?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:banghead :banghead Just a tad late :rant :rant

·
Registered
269 Posts
Installed, tested, and loving it. Nice to have the adjustability and get that heavy stock unit/brackets out of the way.

That should make the KAD triple and Van's billet front res look good up top in a couple of weeks.

Note: Guy's who bought this - they supplied a 8X30 bolt for the fork clamp...it's too short. (I think because they forgot about the 7mm spacer). Save yourself the mounting trouble and buy a 8X35 bolt. You'll need it.

Bim
Thanks, Bim! Good to know, or I'd be like WTF!!

:banghead

Those were also SHIT instructions, no? :thumbdown :thumbdown

·
Registered
601 Posts
I take it that these don't work with lower fairings then, Best I didn't see them before they sold out. :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I take it that these don't work with lower fairings then, Best I didn't see them before they sold out. :)
Actually, it is tucked in tightly and the adjuster is close to the stator cover, so it should work just fine with a lower fairing. I thought about that when Studio50 bought his...

·
Registered
389 Posts
"Actually, it is tucked in tightly and the adjuster is close to the stator cover, so it should work just fine with a lower fairing. I thought about that when Studio50 bought his..."

Glad the pic's got posted ...was wondering how all that was gonna fit up top......I'll post some pic's in the next few days to see if it'll work with my lower fairing ... with an 8 month old there only seems time to buy not install all the winter mods I have amassed.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One final clarification:

For the bolt that connects the damper body to the fork clamp, the directions call it an 8X30....the bolt supplied is an 8X35....the supplied bolt is too short. You will need to purchase an 8X40:

M8-1.25 X 40

while you're at the hardware store, get a nylon insert nut for that bolt since you're not using a lock washer.

Bim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts