TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time this weekend looking over the maps on the DynoJet website to see if something looked closer to my configuration (mods) and came to the conclusion that the "M4 Full Exhaust, Open Airbox" map was a closer fit to my configuration over the "full Yosh, stock/aftermarket filter" map.... Just goes to show how much a good tune is going to do for this modified bike. It now idles normal, starts "cold" (like there's really a cold start in Los Angeles) without having to choke it, and no longer misses at low revs full throttle. Damn near threw me off the bike first time I hit it.... :)

One more reason I am looking forward to a full tune after I finish the undertail exhaust (goes in next week!!!)

J

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
:worthless

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Yep, the downloadable maps are only starting points, to get the most power/torque everywhere on the curve and fuel economy you need a custom map :thumbup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
26 Posts
so, been trying to figure the PC out on mine and reading the book, PC's website which I download the zip files of maps so now how do I veiw them or get them to the PC from the computer. I have the cable but I'm running vista and no worky. I'm thinking the same map you switched to is going to be what I'm needing. Could you/anyone give me a little direction....;please

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Downloads/Default.aspx

if you have the usb model, go to the USB section, otherwise there is a section for the PC2 & 3 (non USB).

Download the "software" (control center) -- install the software, connect the serial cable between your PC and the PC, run the software, pick the port your serial cable is on in the software, open the map & load it on!

:)

J

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I have serial port on my laptop, I'll have to dig out the old desk top I guess. Pretty easy to do?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3120513

Jump to your local radio shack and pick up one of these cables, once installed, make sure to check the device manager to find out what port it installed to (make sure it's between 1 and 8, or change it to an open port between 1 and 8)

It's pretty easy, though I had a little fun getting the control software to connect with the Power Commander.... make sure the bike key is "on" (But bike is NOT RUNNING) when you launch the control center software. Make sure if you plan on playing around for a while you either shut the key "off" or you have a charger handy, batteries go dead pretty quick.

Once the software is connected and sees the power commander, open the new map ("File" --> "Load map file"), and upload it to the Power Commander ("Utilities" --> "Upload All")

DynoJet has made it pretty idiot proof as long as you choose the right map for your bike -- Make sure you stick to the correct Continent (USA/Europe/etc...), the maps are made for the fuel available on that continent (Euro fuel in US bike will detonante unless you plan on running race fuel here....). Also -- if you have a PC3 you cannot use the PC2 maps and vice-versa. The program just errors out if you try to load the incorrect map.

J

·
Registered
26 Posts
which software did you use? The disk I have is back from 01' and vista kicks it out. I downloaded the pciisoft2000 from PC site but it doesn't want to load. Is that the right control program to have?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
which software did you use? The disk I have is back from 01' and vista kicks it out. I downloaded the pciisoft2000 from PC site. Is that the right control program to have?
hmmmmm...... gotta love vista lol......

try this.......

right click (the program) and go to properties, somewhere in there is "compatibility mode" set it for xp.

also -- when you run the pgm, right click and run as administrator (right click, run as administrator).

I've got a VM Ware image that runs XP (on my mac), some of these old programs just dont run in vista. You may have to find an old PC with XP, I keep one around for these types of issues..... All else fails, go out and buy one of those $200 netbooks with XP to use for it, or borrow/beg a buddy with one.

Thanks!
J

(and yes, the pciisoft2000.exe is the right installer pgm)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spent some time this weekend looking over the maps on the DynoJet website to see if something looked closer to my configuration (mods) and came to the conclusion that the "M4 Full Exhaust, Open Airbox" map was a closer fit to my configuration over the "full Yosh, stock/aftermarket filter" map.... Just goes to show how much a good tune is going to do for this modified bike. It now idles normal, starts "cold" (like there's really a cold start in Los Angeles) without having to choke it, and no longer misses at low revs full throttle. Damn near threw me off the bike first time I hit it.... :)

One more reason I am looking forward to a full tune after I finish the undertail exhaust (goes in next week!!!)

J
Does anybody have this map for a 1997 TLS? I can only find it for a TLR.
:cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts