TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Looks like it

Looks just like the motion pro. I'm not a fan of that model, I bent one before. Must have been cast pot metal.

I usually cut the head off of the rivet with a dremel, then it is easier on the tool to push it out and only expose the smallest amount of the pin possible from the tool, or it will break.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I have the motion pro tool. It works just dandy for me. You do have to cut the head off the rivets before breaking a chain with them - but I belive that's the case with most if not all chain tools.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Lookslike the motion pro. I have a motion pro jumbo which is a POS, it likes to crush the pins, then you haveto order one and the springs. For best all around performance. Get an RK chain tool, hands down the best one I have ever used. Bar none. This is the one you need, about $85-$95.

The Motion Pro Jumbo is what you get when you order the Suzuki Special Tool.....

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
my motion pro kit has also bent slightly over the years (had it about 11 years now I think) but still works great. Definately a tool everyone should own that has a bike!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Never understood the point of carefully cutting the end off the pin, then assembling the chain tool and pushing the pin out. Your gonna toss the old chain when your done, just snap a good head on the dremel and go to town and cut the chain. Or get a good set of bolt cutters.

Pressing the new chain on is another deal entirely. I've used the motion pro one twice and it worked well enough. Might have to look into getting an RK one though as I don't own one.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I find it's much easier and less messy to grind off the heads and push out the pins....takes less time than using a dremel as well. Besides, if you leave viable pins on the old chain, makes threading a new chain in a breeze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts