TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake lever was a bit stiff. I could pull it back to a certain point, then it'd stop, and I'd have to pull it back a lot harder to get it to go further. This resulted in some pretty jerky stops. So I sprayed chain lube into the piston that the lever presses. Ta-da, now it's smooth as silk and my stops are much easier.

I've also had a squeaky bathroom door for the past 6 years. It just started bugging me last month. I sprayed chain lube on the hinges, and the squeak is completely gone.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My brake lever didn't work very smoothly when I first bought my TLS. I removed the lever and the pivot bolt had a bunch of dry gunk on it. After cleaning the lever and perch I used some light grease to lube the pivot bolt and where the lever contacts the MC piston. It worked like new. Now I will have to check out the TLR MC I bought since I sold the whole TLS setup to OldTLSDoug. :laugh

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
How does it feel now the lube has set?
Is it too tacky?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Cool :thumbup

·
Registered
790 Posts
The dry BelRay "Superclean" is amazing with locks. Doesn't seem to attract dirt like oil does and it lubes better than graphite. I used it on some of my trailer padlocks that sit out in the rain. Sprayed them months ago and they still work smoothly, better than new in fact.

G

·
i use chain lube on the locks too...(motul road)

bike was outside during the -10°C freeze the last couple of weeks, and everything was indeed frozen, except for the locks, which were still useable. :) :thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts