TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Noticed a problem with my newly acquired TL1000S. Saw some notches on the tire when I got home and realized that my chain is hitting against my rear tire while riding. I’ve included a few pictures. I checked the alignment of the rear wheel and it’s good to go so not sure what the issue could be. Tire Size is 190/50, Pirelli Diablo’s
Hood Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
Automotive tire Tread Wheel Alloy wheel Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

· Registered
40 Posts
You might be right. But to check again, and know you can then rule it out, means you've taken one thing out of the equation. In the last pic you posted, the wheel looks squiffy, but it may just be camera angle. Does the bike turn and feel the same in left and right bends ?

· Registered
304 Posts
Whats your chain tension like? I notice in the 2nd picture (could be the angle of pic) it looks like the chain drops down after it leaves sprocket suggesting it is loose? Also spindle blocks in swingarm are also all the way out suggesting chain is at max adjustment which also makes me think it could be a slack chain bouncing around a little and chewing the tire?

· Registered
50 Posts
Hi All,
Noticed a problem with my newly acquired TL1000S. Saw some notches on the tire when I got home and realized that my chain is hitting against my rear tire while riding. I’ve included a few pictures. I checked the alignment of the rear wheel and it’s good to go so not sure what the issue could be. Tire Size is 190/50, Pirelli Diablo’s View attachment 66424 View attachment 66425
View attachment 66423
View attachment 66422
View attachment 66421
Check the square blocks, the ones with the adjustment marks on them. One could be 180 degrees out

· Registered
50 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, they are the correct way around, but considering they are adjusted right back suggests your chain is very worn!
Yeah I’m going to end up spending more than I was expecting on this bike. Tires are worn and need replacing, chain and sprockets are worn, probably going to need a new worm drive at best or new clutch plates at worst, new clutch cover O-ring, yoshi cans repacked, the list goes on😭🙁

1 - 15 of 15 Posts