TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I posted up a query on the general forum, but didn't get a definitive answer, but thanks to Moose and 133bhp for their input. I'll try here and maybe Sam can give me some advice?

My chain and sprockets are on their way out. I have standard gearing on my bike and it suits me fine. I have established that +1 on the front and +2 on the rear (18/40) keeps the gearing just about the same but should be easier on the chain, sprockets and chain buffer. My question is, will I need 106 links to suit this?

I'm content with 530 chain and am thinking of DID ZVM2. Has anyone any experience of this chain? Any other recommendations? I'm also thinking of JT sprockets. Again, has anyone any experience/other recommendations?

Thanks in anticiaption,

S

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Go + 2 on the rear and leave the front at 17, you won't be sorry. I saw no real change in gas mileage but got a peppier machine at the expense of top spped dropping o only about 155mph.:dowhat Anyhow, get the best chain and sprockets you can afford since that tends to be cheaper in the long run.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Yep, I went with a 16 on the front too, but that upsets Steve too much. I just don't like getting old guys all crochety. :lol

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
i'm 2 up on the rear..i find it absolutely perfect :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I did both............... down 1 on the front & up 2 on the rear :) Stealth rear and a Driven on the front.

That does seem to have knocked a fair amount off the top-end speed and I've no idea (yet) how far the speedo is out :O I think the overall difference in gearing is +5 :confused

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.