TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, this "un-modified" TLS is getting expensive. I picked up my wheels from the powedercoater, WOW! Worth the $275.00 I think. Oh yeah, $200.00 for the wheels and $48.00 for all the new bearings and about $25.00 for the seals. :banghead They look so good and I dropped one and no scratch! Woo HOO!

He did the cush drive too, included prep, acid dip and such and bead blasting then a double coat. These are sweet, now I need some dang new tires. Woo HoO!

Click for big un's I used a cooked slider for scale as I don't smoke anymore and have lots of cooked sliders nowadays :coocoo

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet:thumbup Looks awsome

but how long before you've got spiffy ultra-light weight wheels on there?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to avoid that thought :coocoo

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
those look yummy, keep up the unmodding doug i love it always nice to see someone keep their bike stock :laugh

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Another :drool ... can you believe there are NO powder coating services within 500km of where I live :dowhat

·
Registered
926 Posts
Funny how that half spent knee puck found its way into the pic.:laugh
Looking good doug.:)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Half spent? I think it is at least 2/3...:lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
Naaa, ya got at least 1 more track day in that one. Just keep rotating it.:laugh You havn't burned the tecknic logo off the side yet.:devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Another :drool ... can you believe there are NO powder coating services within 500km of where I live :dowhat
Sounds to me like "Someone" should start up a little side business. I've looked into this and to get started with small stuff doesn't require that big of an investment and it's not too terribly difficult. You should do some research. I thought about it but there's too many folks around here that do it. If no one was doing it then I'd be all over it.

Doug, those are damn sweet. Here's a little wheel project for the tard for you. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
woo, those are some sexy stockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
your powdercoater does nice work :thumbup

nice masking too...

throw us a before new wheels picture of that 'stock' TLS :devious

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
as allways looking good Sir :thumbup

no not U the rims :laugh

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Looks familiar :thumbup

Greetings
Rufer

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
so did U get the slider for free when ordering the powdercoat :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
VERY nice looking. Love the deep black on them.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
i love black wheels looking good Doug

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Eastwood makes a kit. So long as you can fit the part in the oven you can do it at home.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
:laugh at you funny guys!!! You know what an oven over here looks like? You know those toaster ovens you get in the work cafe that you can literally put in 2 pieces of bread? Yup, that's the standard sized oven here.
Most families have a microwave/oven combo which is what we got. Our Xmas turkey was a very small chicken which is better than before we got the microwave ... a drum stick each - cooked seperatly :laugh

What till I get back to NZ though :devious I have my own shed you know

Seriously though ... not a bad idea :hmm I got a buddy with a whole 'workshop' that used to contain a couple pottery kilns ... hmm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts