TLZone Forums banner

Ceramic Coated Headers

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  D'Ecosse 
#1 ·
Just got the M4 headers & mids for the TL ceramic-coated by Performance Coatings the other day.

They're a little more 'flat' black than I had really wanted - was hoping more for a satin, or even semi-gloss finish - but it is what it is.

But can't complain at the workmanship & finish - they did a really nice job. They blast them with walnut shells before coating inside & out.
Total price was $150 including the return shipping.
I sent them out on Wed 6th and had them back in hand on the 16th (unfortunately got caught by 2 weekends getting in the way - if I'd shipped out form my end earlier in the week would have been less and they'd have arrrived at end of week instead of the extra weekend. )

Definitely looks a lot better than discoloured stainless and a finish that won't deteriorate over time like paint would. Finish is good for 2000 deg C.

Anyway, enough speak, here it is
(more pics later when we get rid of this crappy weather - got the Pyramid undertail on too but it wouldn't photograph too well in the garage)

See less See more
#3 ·
Shame they came out so matt Ken, like you say satin or gloss would have looked more non stock. Finish looks good and will be nice to hear how they fair up :thumbup

#6 ·
... Finish looks good and will be nice to hear how they fair up ...
I definitely have no worries on the durability Sam - have the shiney metallic finish on my Daytona headers and those still look like the day they were bolted on.
The finish was described as 'Satin' so I was expecting something more like the heatguards just behind the rearsets; as I read the description however it does say 'semi-flat' - so my bad for focussing on what in my mind 'satin' meant!

I think it stands out more 'flat' because the colour of the bike is the high gloss black - on just about anything else it would even be preferable I think.

#5 ·
looks nice :thumbup

#7 ·
This is the Daytona with the header done in the Chromex ceramic finish - that header goes all the way to just below the rearset. It's been on there for a couple of years now.
I almost went with that again for the TL ....

Tell you what - for anyone with a blue/white Tiller, this would be awesome!

Other than the colour the Chromex is 1300 deg versus the 2000 deg of the black - I don't know what temp the TL's get to but know they are damn hot!!!!

#8 ·
a little matt but looks great :thumbup

#10 ·
Looks awesome! :thumbup

Now you need to black out the frame to complete the look!

#11 ·
...Now you need to black out the frame to complete the look!
I do like black frames - but in this case I actually like the contrast of the stock aluminum.
If I was going for a radical change I might actually consider GOLD with the theme of the ancillary features!

I need to post up some more pics outside - it looks less matte outside somehow in more natural light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.