TLZone Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
cikko said:
but then realising that it's web based - I'd have to be TRON to gettaway on my bike!
how stupid am I!:coocoo I should have taken the piss as soon as you mentioned getaway vehicle!:lol.... :cuckoo.....:bounce

Roby :bigfinger WELCOME and you have very good english!:hail perhaps you could get italian fitting instructions and translate...properly!:laugh

:thumbup

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
hahahaha

TLS pilot has just let me know about a "spare" he has!!!

Mine went this weekend on my way home from Uwp Nowth!!!

So TLSPilot:hail
he's ace!

AND.... BIkerChris - you can't laugh at me anymore!

hehe

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
cikko said:

Mine went this weekend on my way home from Uwp Nowth!!!
have you had a good look at it yet? check all the bolts are still present especially the two that mount it to the frame.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
aye!
I'm afraid it's givin up!

The spring slider thingy is "loose" ish in the travel + the rotary damper is moving on the splined shaft with/without body weight.... so's I guessed it's *gone*....

I'm sending TLSpilot a cheque today!

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
I hope I am not raining on anyones parade and I am sure someone will put my concerns to bed so here goes.

Firstly, If the bike was designed with a shock on one side of the swing arm and a damper on the other would this have been to balance any excessive loads and torque?

Secondly, would removing the damper and shock and installing this design of replacement, placing all loads and torque on one side of the swingarm, possibly cause a failure in some structural point?

Thirdly, Many of the other replacement systems seem to retain attachments on both sides of the arm, do they know something we don't?

·
Registered
856 Posts
roby said:
Hi! My name is Roby and I'm a TL1000S K1 owner.

First one, I want to say sorry for my english :hail

I have mounted a Bitubo shock absorber on my TL but for weather conditions I have not check it :O
Your English is better than SPOON's English. :banana

·
Registered
856 Posts
Tuckshop Ted said:
I hope I am not raining on anyones parade and I am sure someone will put my concerns to bed so here goes.

Firstly, If the bike was designed with a shock on one side of the swing arm and a damper on the other would this have been to balance any excessive loads and torque?

Secondly, would removing the damper and shock and installing this design of replacement, placing all loads and torque on one side of the swingarm, possibly cause a failure in some structural point?

Thirdly, Many of the other replacement systems seem to retain attachments on both sides of the arm, do they know something we don't?
I've mentioned that before in one of the millions of shock threads but Uncle Bern politely disagreed. And I agreed to his disagreement. Don't you agree?:banana

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
russomf installed mine.... 0 problems.

·
Registered
79 Posts
godslayer said:
Your English is better than SPOON's English. :banana
Spoon?! :hmm

biciLAMPS!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
2000 TL1000S suspension

Hello everybody. I recently purchased a 2000 TL1000S with 9000 miles on it and am looking for advise on upgrading the rear suspension. Bitubo, Penske/Lindeman and Öhlins have surfaced in internet searches, but exclusively for older models. Which one do y'all recommend and where would y'all recommend I order it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I guess it will depend on your budget

41 - 53 of 53 Posts