TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't wanna teach granny to suck eggs but offered up my Bitubo shock to my frame and noticed the top mount spacers once installed on the unit do not measure 30mm across as stated on the installation sheet:confused Sat for a few mins measured and re-measured then spotted the reservoir bracket in the box. This part must be fitted to achieve the correct spacer width. If you don't put the bracket on then the frame mounting point will be under stress and could fracture at the weld.You would also get movement of the top of the shock. I assume top mount on TLS and R are the same?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I pinned this for you. I'll leave it pinned for a while until everyone should have seen it :thumbup

·
Registered
303 Posts
I noticed this too while installing mine!
I had a hard time getting the reservoar in place as well... But with a little patience I got it in place!!:thumbup

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Anyone installed it on their R yet? Any problems to think of? :dunno

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
The top of the R mount is different that the S spring mount.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Thanks for letting us know :thumbup

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine is on, (R), nothing seems slack/loose, only been able to do about 100 miles since due to :banghead weather...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi! My name is Roby and I'm a TL1000S K1 owner.

First one, I want to say sorry for my english :hail

I have mounted a Bitubo shock absorber on my TL but for weather conditions I have not check it :O

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome aboard:bigfinger
Hey your English is a lot better than my Italian!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks Tlspilot!

If you want I can teach you italian language :)

But before this you have to explain me your problem with Bitubo dumper...because I have not full understand your first message :hail

You've a problem with spacers for fixing the top of shock absorber? Exactly?

I haven't mounted the Bitubo with my hand...but my technician had not tell me about problem or mistake!

Now in North Italy weather is very bad (snow...snow...snow) and I have not check the TL with new dumper...when will be sunny I'll tell you about my first riding-impression!

In my "avatar" there's a red TL but mine is all black with customized paint...original was black (Suzuki import in Italy only red or black TL-S) but on april 2003 I have crash it :banghead

Best regards!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
welcome roby

sounds like a sweet tills. got any pictures?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi kevh!

I have some pictures of my TL-S...but I'm not able to post-it!

If you want I can send it by e-mail :O

Your address?

Bye!

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Welcom roby :bigfinger

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Pumpkin said:

(i'd like to learn italian :) :devious...)
U mean learning by doing :laugh

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is not a problem except the English fitting instructions are not very clear. Check that the top mounting on the shock has the reservoir bracket fitted as this acts as a spacer.
I will add learning Italian to my list of things to do one day. Thanks for the offer:)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
roby said:
Hi kevh!

I have some pictures of my TL-S...but I'm not able to post-it!

If you want I can send it by e-mail :O

Your address?

Bye!
pm'ed you roby :thumbup

·
Registered
79 Posts
For Tlspilot:

The italian fitting instructions are not clear. I have call Bitubo's factory for many indications but I have not received it! Very bad :rant

For kevh:

I haven't understand your message...sorry!

For all italian student:

In Italy a lot of bike's magazine has criticated the Suzuki TL1000S only for the "problem" generated by the rotative dumper in several driving...if you want talk about it in italian language you have to learn this: "il peggior bicilindrico mai prodotto" :)

If you want more info please visit: www.mytl1000s.3000.it

It's the official web site of my friend (virtual friend, exactly) Zioghilli (member of this forum). He has mounted a Ohlins rear dumper on his TL-S. I think it's the best for improve stability and reactivity of the bike but I have a reserve about it: Ohlins is the only idraulic part of shock absorber. The spring unit is the originals!

Bitubo changes all the originals parts and it costs 1/2 of Ohlins!

See you!

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you Chats! You hope well!

I must repeat this: on my TL-S is now installed Bitubo's dumper.

I haven't mounted it with my hand but by a bike-professionist and there wasn't mistake on measurement of spacer...I'm lucky!

Now, I have to tell you my compliments for your avatar...real good manga!...I like girl with great tits :) :) :)

Bye!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts