TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am replacing my bearings during my tear down but have run into a problem. According to the manual it calls for a special tool to press the bearing out of the split cases, well this said tool is $250 bucks! Is there an alternate way or trick to getting the bearings out with using this special tool! And my local Suzuki shop is not willing to lend out the tool so that is not an option.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
find somebody with a lathe in a shed and pay 'em a few buks to fab a simple version of the tool oh hey swiper i see its you,now, i guess we bin thru this hahahahah

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,419 Posts
Make your own :thumbup

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sam are those metric numbers? Also what are the numbers on the right? It looks like the pic is vilifying them off. I will get my brother to machine them if I can get the info he needs

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
numbers on the right are turned diameter,the 12 at the bottom is a thru hole i believe for a piece of all-thread to pass thru ,personally i wuld use 1/2" all thread but im all stuk on inches

·
15,419 Posts
ID = internal diameter
OD = outside diameter

All numbers mm and circle with line through means diameter :thumbup

The ring needs to split so the shells can be compressed before pressing into the cases.

Why are you replacing those shells anyway ? It's extremely rare that they wear outside the tolerances.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well now that I am looking at the thread on my computer instead of my phone the picture is a better view! Anyway I am replacing the connecting rod bearings, so I figured why I was in there I might as well replace the case bearings as well. If I can get my SV rods fixed then I will use those instead of the TL rods. But thanks to Tillerdog for fixing my threads on my crank, I was able to save my crank! I will send pics of the case shells and get your advice to change them or not!

·
15,419 Posts
looking at your pics I would be replacing those bearings.
They do look worn but check with a micrometer to confirm :thumbup

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
looking at your pics I would be replacing those bearings.
explain to me please..when you look at those and then say, they need to be replaced..how can you tell?..what are you looking for to see if worn...or what should they look like so as to not replace them? thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the pics are kind of miss leading. And I am not to sure if they are good or bad. Sam told me to measure them but I would like to use a SV crank and didn't feel comfortable using them after running the TL crank. Not to mention I already have new bearings so i might as well use them. I just ain't having much luck finding a replacement crank(TL or SV).

·
15,419 Posts
Yes I have my photos that used to be on my Photobucket account before they started charging and everybody closed their accounts.

Drop me a message with your email or FB name and I can send you them.

·
15,419 Posts
Handwriting Font Cylinder Camera accessory Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Font Rim Camera accessory

1 - 18 of 18 Posts