TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was digging through my pics putting them on my new pc and found a couple pics of a 92 RS camaro and an 84 Mustang GT that I built. Tell me what you think!

Camaro when I got it. This was the first car I really worked on.

Camaro finished

Mustang when I got it.

During bodywork

All primed up

And finally finished, shining bright with the TLR

So, I liked the mustang a lot more and did a lot more work to it. The camaro was fun but not as fast. I am now completely out of cars and addicted to bikes and drive a dodge dakota quad cab that I care nothing about.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Very nice. I like the Camero more, mainly because that's the body style I liked for Camero's and that's one of the body styles I hated for Mustangs.

However, you did a nice job on the stang. I'm loving the improvments on the rear windows.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, much, much more went into the mustang than just the windows!! A lot of blood, sweat, and beer went into the build up of that car. It was also a lot faster than the camaro, a lot more went into the drivetrain on that car than it did into the body. They were both fun cars though.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Oh, I can tell you did a ton to it. It's just that the windows stuck out as butt ugly in the original and the finished product they were so smooth and sweet.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
blood sweat and beer :lol ya man you did a number on that mustang for sure. very nice work my man. i wish i had the time to do that.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It took two days to do the biggest part of the work on that car. Waiting on parts to come around is what took the longest. Originally I had planned on having the mustang done in a month from taking the first bolt out to rolling it in the paint booth. Then the TL got all of my attention and it ended up taking three months or so just working on it when it was raining and I couldnt ride. All in all I probably had about 120 hours into the mustang and a lot of that was trial and error just trying to get parts to fit right.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Looks great man, nice work

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I kinda miss it to, but the xz6 is soo much more fun!! But now it's sleeping in the basement for four months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts