TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me, or is that a Carbon fiber Frame?!?!

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...unfortunatly they don't really make much for TL's any more...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I have their rear hugger...sweet stuff :thumbup

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
they dont make the frame anymore i know that :(

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
would a carbon frame really hold up?

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you have seen what a twin can do to carbon rimms, you don't want a carbon frame.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey, I have a carbon frame..... Okay well the whole things is carbon fiber look wrap but the squids dont know the difference. :laugh

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
If you have seen what a twin can do to carbon rimms, you don't want a carbon frame.
that duc highsided and landed sideways on the wheel from what I heard...that kind of wreck would have trashed ANY wheel :coocoo

this is how BST tests their wheels...10,000nM (about 2250lbs) force...notice the deflection of the rim...

and after they let off...notice how it comes back to shape and the carbon doesnt even fracture

so if you guys hit somethin head on...your wheels will buckle and break and every other thing imagineable...mine will just bend out of the way, and bend back :fingerlol

ok so postwhore is being dumb and those 2 pics arent showing up...but they do if you click on them

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
that duc highsided and landed sideways on the wheel from what I heard...that kind of wreck would have trashed ANY wheel :coocoo
I agree with you. But I haven't seen any other rim parting from a hub!

On the other hand.. if you crash is that severe who worries about a rim huh :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
well if it parts from the hub how would it be different if an aluminum or mag wheel broke into pieces? :O its ****ed either way :lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts