TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyones thoughts on these carbon helmets? Anyone tried them? They retail for about $450

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Personally I don't know anything about those Joe Rocket (?) helmets.
If I were to go CF for helmet, I'd prefer some UVEX or Lazer. MHO

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I have an old CF arai and it was very light just like a plastic one

·
Registered
881 Posts
My buddy has the Joe Rocket one and I don't like it. The air vents right into your eyes and I had to open the visor doing 85 on the highway because I couldn't see. It is light and comfortable, but I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
You can get an HJC carbon for around 260.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I'm with WSMC831...Although I do get a little eye blast at speed with my Carbon HJC I can't see the Joe Rocket being worth $200 more. The HJC is very light compared to the old Shoei that it replaced.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
ABM, shield not sealing well enough? any way to adjust? I've been thinking about trying one. As good as KBC's fit (comparable to my old rx7) and feel I've been wondering about the hjc.

www.webbikeworld.com really likes them, and at 260 they're interesting. Considering shark as well.

OP, cheapest I've found the HJC if you are interested, type 'barf' in the coupon code for an additional 10% off.

www.motoworldonline.com

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That joe rocket looks a whole lot like the Vemar doesn't it?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have a HJC AC 12 Vadar carbon helmet. Love it, cuz its really light, but a little on the noisy side.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well Indysuperbike had them listed for 90 bux late last nite. I tried to buy one but the issued a refund and said they made a mistake and it was priced wrong. Oh well i tried. But I dont see it worth 450

1 - 11 of 11 Posts