TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banana

TPS was way off too. bike map never saw the throttle closed making the idle mixture on the PCII useless. much better now. next stop, remap.

stock can as a courtesy to the neighbors since the bike was running for a while...

sounds :puke

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s15.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/n2wheelies/motor/yosh%20cans/yoshcans0013.flv"></embed>

old trusty

mercury hooka

off but hard to show on the camera

better now

almost forgot the cans

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:hail :thumbup :drool

Looks awsome N2! Bet it runs just as well:burnout

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
wow, those were really off!

how many miles? I just did mine at 46k, barely off at all.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, those were really off!

how many miles? I just did mine at 46k, barely off at all.
last time i checked was at 40K miles but i just swamped a motor last
year without ever rechecking. that was 66K on those throttle bodies. :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
ah...ok, that makes sense.

I was actually hoping for more adjustments needed on mine. I balanced them back just a bit, which threw tps off just a tad.

I was able to get everything back together yesterday, and even though it was only 30 degrees out today, rode in.

with the 3 shims I changed plus rear shock service, head and swingarm bearings...etc, it's definately running like merely a 5 year old bike with 20k miles instead of a 10 year old bike with 46k miles :)

custom undertray and dyno tune next, plus now that I can weld aluminum I think I'll steal your idea for a battery mount and get a smaller yuasa and mount it under the left fairing :)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been thinking about making another round of gap mod trays...
let me know if you might be interested.
john

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Thanks, but I prefer to do everything myself. Have the rest of the week off so I think I'll pick up some aluminum stock. I've seen the ones made here, very nice, but I'm thinking about something a bit different. walled sides for computer and pcII, and 'might' put the battery back there. Found a nice yuasa that's half the weight of the stocker and more cca's...though i know for mass centralization under the left fairing is better.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just currious, why do you have the rear wheel locked to the stand?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just currious, why do you have the rear wheel locked to the stand?
so no one steals my high dollar stand :laugh

:coocoo

seriously, its to keep the wife from riding while im at work :devious

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Knowing my dumbass, I'd put it in gear or something. LOL

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That may be a dumb question: Don't the cans affect the TB balance at all?
I'll have to do TB sync etc on my race bike and I'm sure the neighbours would REALLY appreciate if done with stock cans :laugh Of course I need it properly mapped on race cans, not on stock cans (stockers are just for tracks with noise regs).

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually thats a great question rufer and one i do not have the answer for.

it may make a difference but im guessing its small in the big scope of things.

:O

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
It´s kind of boddering me that your bike is always so clean looks like it´s never beeing used :hail

( I know it is beeing used :))

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It´s kind of boddering me that your bike is always so clean looks like it´s never beeing used :hail

( I know it is beeing used :))
you must have missing the prebath thread...

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
That may be a dumb question: Don't the cans affect the TB balance at all? .................. Greetings, Rufer
N2wheelies said:
actually thats a great question rufer and one i do not have the answer for ........... it may make a difference but im guessing its small in the big scope of things.

It shouldn't make any difference :confused

The TPS set is synching the throttle butterfly movement with the ECU, and the throttle body synch is setting both butterflies comparative to each other :O It shouldnt matter whether you use stock cans, race cans, or no cans at all :devious :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
It shouldn't, I agree..

But the front and rear cilinder shouldn't have differences and yet they have. Their ignition timing is different and the rear cilinder probably get a little warmer ;)

But as said, it's probably not noticeable..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts