TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, so i finally took my TL all apart to fix a few small issues. One was the leaky fuel pump deal.
oh yeah its a 2001 tl1000s

so i pull it off and yes its no good, cuts, splits etc.
i go and order a new one and its the new style, the original was all rubber. Now where the flange is on the tank its not 100% flat, due to the design of the original seal, i have tried to straighten it out but still having issues with getting it to seal, it appears that the seal is leaking from the tank to seal not pump to seal...

every gasket sealer i have ever used i wouldn't trust to put on it as its a rubber on metal seal and really shouldnt need it.

but at this point i dont care i just need it completely sealed!!!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

dave
chopperdaves.blogspot.com

·
Registered
13,114 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neat idea, do you use anything to seal the ends of the oring? coz i just cut up 2 o-rings to make one the rt length...
did the file deal so we will see what happens tomorrow when i bolt it all back together.
thanx!

D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it sealed at first but is now seeping, got a few different 4" orings to try, have a feeling that the one i used was too thick...

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
its very possible the tank itself has split around the steel plate to tank joint.

I have one which is........

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
If it is a radiator shop can usually solder the seam for you

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I sealed mine with a product called seal all . Hasn't leaked for several years since but I don't know if I'll ever get the hatch off again because this stuff is impervious to everything and is very tough . I wish I would have done the external fuel filter mod first .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts