TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you full or semi professional fotogurus (going away to wipe my nose clean :laugh)

I am about to hit the buy buttom on a Canon EOS 450D Black + 18-55mm IS Lens Kit
Or EOS Rebel XSi as it is called in the US

Me and Linda went and checked it out today and we booth think it will be good enough for us :) But what do you guys think :dunno

I know that the lins isent the best but it comes in the kit and seams that one have to start somewere. Neither me or Linda have used and types of Digital SLR Camera before but it sure is about time to start :yes

Some info

Type
Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera with built-in flash

Recording Media
SD memory card, SDHC memory card

Image Sensor Size
22.2mm x 14.8mm

Compatible Lenses
Canon EF lenses (including EF-S lenses)
(35mm-equivalent focal length is approx.1.6x the lens focal length)

Lens Mount
Canon EF mount
Image Sensor
Type
High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
Pixels
Effective pixels: Approx. 12.20 megapixels
Total Pixels
Total pixels: Approx. 12.40 megapixels
Aspect Ratio
3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System
RGB primary color filter
Low-pass Filter
Located in front of the image sensor, non-removable

more can be found here http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=16303#ModelTechSpecsAct

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its a good camera. If it were me I'd go with a 40D (but those are more $$) or a 30D as I like the feel of the bodies much better. The 30D has fewer megapix, but still more than I'd ever need and will capture more detail than all but the most expensive lenses will transmit. As far as image quality the XSi is quite good, I just find it doesn't fit my hand all that well and feels sorta flimsy. The 30 and 40D are heavier, larger and more solid feeling.

have fun:doug

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Good reviews here
http://www.dpreview.com/
I've been contemplating one ... waiting for the price to come right down though. They seem much better than the competitors in the same price range, and I think for my level of photography it'll be great.

That said, from reviews on that site that compare the Rebel and the Sony A-200 ... the Sony is apparently the better camera :O

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn spend almost 1,5 hours on that site now :banghead sooooooooooooo much info

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Here's a coincidence ,I've been looking at a 400D as a cheaper option.Has anyone had any experience with it?

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no experience what so ever wiht these kind of cameras so can´t help you but I´m sure someone on here can :)

W

·
0 Posts
i have a 300D, which is more or less the same machine, just a few years older, and less megapixel, less options, etc etc....i like it, and it does everything i want it to do, and more. Unless you're a real pro, you'll have more than enough.

some photographer won the press foto of the year with that machine sometime in 2004...so i think it is good enough for us all :yes :)

stay with the kit lense for now, and concentrate on exploring the camera first :thumbup

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
i have a 300D, which is more or less the same machine, just a few years older, and less megapixel, less options, etc etc....i like it, and it does everything i want it to do, and more. Unless you're a real pro, you'll have more than enough.

some photographer won the press foto of the year with that machine sometime in 2004...so i think it is good enough for us all :yes :)

stay with the kit lense for now, and concentrate on exploring the camera first :thumbup
Cool,thanks.I was looking for the twin lense package 18-55 & 75-300

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool,thanks.I was looking for the twin lense package 18-55 & 75-300
good choise the 18-55 don´t give much so the 70-300 would do it :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I got the 40D and have so much enjoyment out of it,its only my knowledge that lets me down with pictures ,tis a big learning process SLRs
I'm sure you'll like the 450D
This place has everthing that you want to find out about Canon Photography
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php
Enjoy

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
badabing badabom 1 108,16 USD went out the door :laugh added a 2GB SD card too :)
normal price here is 1 222,59 USD whitout SD card so saved me some $250 :thumbup

yeah I know the cost alot more here then in the US but since Canon don´t have word wide warrenty I choosed not to buy from US thanks too thoses who made me offers to buy and ship over :hail

This way I got a 3 year warrenty :thumbup now I just have to wait until it gets here :rant

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
going to pick it up in an hour and half so exited :yes :doug :banana :roost :steve

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet:thumbup

btw pilette has a rebel XT and loves it. She's taken some really top quality pics with it too.

Regarding the lenses, the canon 75-300 is sort of crappy. For the same price you can get the sigma APO (IIRC that's the name) which has considerably better quality optics or for a bit more (well, about 3x more) you could get the 70-200L F4 lens which is super sharp.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
battery is charging as we speak :doug

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
good stuff:banana

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still waiting since I went out to paint the house and Linda diden´t put it in the charger :rant

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but still a happy man :doug

using the old digicam to take pics of the new one :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just realized that I am going to spend a week or 500 to learn this damn thing :rant 200 milion gazilion options and adjustments :banghead now were the heck is my old olympus :laugh

1 - 20 of 40 Posts