TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm actually posing this question because I recently picked up a GSX-R 750 that has black headers and midpipe like my TLS had prior to getting a full system. I'm interested in picking up a nice bolt-on for the gixxer, but I think a polished can won't look very good with the black midpipe. Since the TL's have similar midpipes in stock form, can someone tell me if this could be polished? I don't know the first thing about polishing (I'm not real big on the bling-bling) so I thought I would ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
The black TLS pipes are stainless and polish up just fine. Try sticking a magnet to the pipe and see if it sticks. :O It's highly doubtful the pipe is mild steel (easily rusted)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
they're a bit off a bitch. but i did mine in about a day.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. I got started this evening with a dremel and some 220 grit sanding wheels. Took the black right off. Still need to follow up with some 320, 400, 800, etc. I don't need a mirror finish, just a nice smooth silver. Hardest part was getting the black off the dang flange. I should have it finished up tomorrow morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts