TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW BOUT THEM GATORS:clap :banana :cheers Now I will be the first to admit it took a bit of luck and human votes to get us there, but how sweet it is! I honestly do think that they will get their arses handed to them, but wouldnt it be somethin if they manage to pull it off. You should see all the tickets going up on egay. :spit I bet if you look a lot are being sold from Michigan.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Er, looks like it so far :laugh

I still like watching the NFL tho'........................

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
am I seriously the only college football fan on this whole site:eek:mg
:yes Yup college football is pretty boring to me - I'd rather watch bowling...or golf...or billiards...or poker...or fishing... :lol

Gotta love NFL football though! :O

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awwww come on college ball is the same as the NFL only those kids play with heart and pride instead of diamond ear rings and multi million dollar contracts. But i do love me some NFL too.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Awwww come on college ball is the same as the NFL only those kids play with heart and pride instead of diamond ear rings and multi million dollar contracts. But i do love me some NFL too.
The problem for me comes in when the VAST MAJORITY of college football games are hideous/tremendous/insane/embarrassing BLOW-OUTS!!!

At what point during one of these games do you determine that a guy has 'heart and pride'?? (Western Carolina, LSU, Alabama, Kentucky, UCF, Southern Miss as examples)

http://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your are right I wont argue that, but that is the nature of recruiting. Every kid in America wants to play for a winning team and that is the choice that the best high school athletes get to make. But on that note how about Louisville, Boise St, Wake Forrest, Wisconsin, Rutgers??????? All no name teams with 2nd and 3rd rate athletes who played their hearts out and finished ranked in a very flawed bcs ranking system

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
To be honest - this is where we'll have to part ways...I only did 5 minutes of research - which proceeded to prove my point.

Beyond that, I'm not at all educated on college football. By-in-large, my opinion has been formed by the blow-outs. I don't have time to actively SEARCH for the the Wisconsins, the Rutgers, the Boise States of the world.

Meanwhile, I went to the University of Maine, have a vested interest in actually giving-a-sh!t...And their games are always blow-outs, too. They had a 22-0 loss and a 62-13 win, UGH - so it's not even one-sided!!!

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/<a cla...></a>/m-footbl/sched/main-m-footbl-sched.html

I love it when there are 16 games and they ALL matter. A-la the NFL... :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I watched the USC vs UCLA game.... usually watch the Irish play and I think a Mich. vs OSU match up will be pretty good too!!!! not a big Fla. fan though.....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
well, it looks like its goona be USC vs Mich.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I like floriduh and all...but i think they are showing up to a gun fight with a knife...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Meanwhile, I went to the University of Maine, have a vested interest in actually giving-a-sh!t...And their games are always blow-outs, too. They had a 22-0 loss and a 62-13 win, UGH - so it's not even one-sided!!!
Me does not have a real football program. My high school team in Tn.
had 10 times more community support and drew more fans on a Fri.
night than the Blackbears do on Sat. More people show up at the girls
high school basketball tourney down to the Bangor Arena.
I,m not ripping your alma mater(might end up in some classes there
myself), just the overall lack of support for football up here.
Hillbilly

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
I agree with the others, UF blows. :) Being from the south, I am all about college football. I only watch NFL these days cause of fantasy football and my GF is beating me in a pickem league.

Glad FL got in, was NOT a fan of a rematch game. That would really cause a huge issue if Michigan beat Ohio. Winning the NC but not your conference!

Oh yeah. GO NOLES!

·
Registered
623 Posts
awww you gotta be kiddin me what town did you catch the bandwagon in? :dowhat
Got ya on that one! LOL:laugh I'v been a ohio state fan all my life, just from growing up in ohio. coach tressel AKA "sweater vest" has made up for the coach cooper years. cooper had better teams and was not able to get it done, but the sweater vest has them playing well.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
...Now I will be the first to admit it took a bit of luck and human votes to get us there...
I wouldn't go that far. As flawed as the BCS system is, the right match up was made. Michigan had their chance and blew it, USC definitely would have been there before FLA had they not lost to an unranked UCLA. That being said, there's no way there should have been a USC v. MICH rematch, that wouldn't have been fair to FLA. So I think it's the best match up.

And what's up with Wake Forest?? This year was a fun one to watch!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
college football is alright but i prefer nfl (gotta love fansty football) the college game would benifit alot and become more watched and popular if they had playoffs like the NFL does!!!

G

·
I just hope the Ohio state and Florida game is a good one and not a blow out. The Huskers are playing Auburn in the cotton bowl....could be painful for the Skers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts