TLZone Forums banner

Can someone point me a direction

811 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Nekkedtl 
#1 ·
Ok so got a battery today, and a multi meter. Just need to learn how to use it. I also took off tank and air box. I’m lost!
Can someone point me in a direction please?

#3 ·
Why is this site so complicated to use. Dammit. I’m sorry guys, I’m having trouble with the site. Anyway I have a tl that I’m trying to get started. It’s dead. The cluster is smashed, no headlights, no battery.
so I’m looking to get a cluster. I I will be getting a battery tomorrow, I also got a multi meter. The tank is off as well as the air box. Can you please suggest a good place to start? I’m guessing the battery.

#4 ·
...... I also got a multi meter. .... Can you please suggest a good place to start? I’m guessing the battery.
Thanks for the update.
I have posted a link below to a YouTube video that covers some of the typical multi-meter functions you will need to know. Please have a look at it and let us know if there are any specific concepts you don't understand. However, there isn't enough room (or time) here to cover the details on DMMs. I'm sure you will pick up the basics quickly.

Now, about your TLR....
If the other systems are working properly, it will run without the instrument cluster connected. However, the cluster does make it easier to troubleshoot, because it can display the fuel injection error codes, if there are any.

If you haven't already done it, be sure to download the Service Manual from here. You will need it.

Also, download the appropriate color wiring diagram from here. It will make life much easier.

Link to Multimeter Basics

Unfortunately I have run out of time (I'm at work). More later....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.