TLZone Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
That does not look like the correct one to me, the shock body looks to narrow compared to the resevoirr.

Ask the sell for the number on the shock it is on a yellow sticker near the mount. It says SHOWA and then has a part number below it. ( you can see the sticker in the pic)

My MAL-601 looks just like that one, the MV9-661 on the way has a much fatter shock body.

Chris
Sorry I am too late for this discussion and probably asking something out of the box but it's very important for me to know this. Will appreciate any suggestions on this. So basically I recently bought have a 1994 F2 and the previous owner has installed an aftermarket shock which bottoms and hits hard whenever I run over small potholes and even speed breakers and other uneven patches. I researched a lot and I'm confused between MV9-661 (stock) & MAL-601 (F3 shock).

·
Registered
241 Posts
What brand aftermarket ?

I'm guessing it needs to be sent away for fresh oil and gas ?

Unless you weigh 400 lbs ?

I'm guessing you want to swap it for a very old used original ?

Not enough info man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for writing to me, I just ordered for MAL-601. Wasn't expecting a reply 😅😅. But I really appreciate your concern. By the way the aftermarket shock is a local one I guess and it surely needed a replacement. I got a very clean & good condition MAL-601 shock though it is old but does not have any wear or heavy usage signs. I'll do upload the picture once I receive the product.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thank you for writing to me, I just ordered for MAL-601. Wasn't expecting a reply 😅😅. But I really appreciate your concern. By the way the aftermarket shock is a local one I guess and it surely needed a replacement. I got a very clean & good condition MAL-601 shock though it is old but does not have any wear or heavy usage signs. I'll do upload the picture once I receive the product.
No prob, happy riding :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts