TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya'll know I have been procrastinating on making 1/5th throttle inserts for the Yamaha R1 and R6...

Well... All the R1 and R6 parts I won on Egay showed up today (amazing they all showed on the same day) so now I have a grip, housing and cables for all years R1 and all years R6.

Looks like the R1 housing, and cables are the same, the grip changes after the first year but it is showing the current grip as a replacement so I'm thinking it was only a change to the rubber or what have you. 1999 to 2005. It is VERY similar to Kawasaki's ZX, infact I think they are the same, same markings, same manufacture. Aluminum housing for just the cables, wireing and switches are in another node.

the R6 looks to be two different set ups but both are very similar (the grip is sufficiently different though) but is very much like the TL's, plastic housing with the cables, kill switch, start switch, and all the wires.

all will need the tab removed from the bottom of the housing, right now I'm trying to determine how much if any of the housing and throttle cable tips would need to be removed...

bottom line, looks like a 1/5th throttle for the R1 is TOTALLY doable... slight mod to the TL insert and it's done.

the R6 may take a bit more engineering but at this point I don't see any show stoppers.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU GUYS...

I need a volinteer for each of the bikes (R1 1999 to 2005, R6 1999-2002, R6 2003-2005) to do the install on their bike and do a write up on the install (with pix if at all possible) I can take pix of the grip, the housing, the cables... but if you have to do anything with the TB or anything that comes up during the install that people need to know about I would like to know about it.

in return you will receive free of charge....... Serial Number 1 Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert for said bike (you can tell everyone you were the first)

this will all take place mid October and will be available to anyone with access to the bikes in question (if ya got a friend you want to hook up we can do that too)

I know ya'll be drewlin' over the possibility of an R1/R6 1/5th insert.... you can stop drewlin', it's gonna happen.

Lohman

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, he's top on my list to arm twist.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
tornado said:
Dave C should show his ugly face pretty soon...

:confused surprised that he did not ask for one weeks ago....:)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LiononaLeash said:
so... do you make a 1:5 or 1:5.5 insert for the new ZX10R? :devious
1/5th for the ZX10R. the housing won't hold a 1/5.5 or larger. Kawi makes a kit but it's frickin EXPENSIVE!!!

but I do make one for and ZX's... tried and true. The install is a bit more difficult then the TL's but it has been done.:devious

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
richara3 said:
:confused surprised that he did not ask for one weeks ago....:)

ummmm, well actually it was his inquires that prompted me to jump on Ebay and find the parts I needed to develop an insert for the R1

he should be happy...

and one happy R1 pilot + R1 chat board = $300 in throttle insert sales.:devious

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Rifleman said:
ummmm, well actually it was his inquires that prompted me to jump on Ebay and find the parts I needed to develop an insert for the R1

he should be happy...

and one happy R1 pilot + R1 chat board = $300 in throttle insert sales.:devious

I really couldn't have been any one else..:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts