TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (& girls),

I'm a kiwi who recently moved to this lovely wet, flat called Holland cause I finally found a chick that'll put up with my shit.

I've now got me a bike, but I have no idea of any decent roads to ride, nor any mates to ride with. :O

So please! If you're going for a blat and don't mind have a friendly kiwi tag along, let me know... I really need to get out and meet some bikers and find some twisties again.

Oh, n I'm in Breda.

Cheers

W

·
0 Posts
if you're in Breda,

the nicest roads around you are in Zeeland (to Bergen-op-zoom and Vlissingen, and then take the tunnel to Zeeuws Vlaanderen). It's not great, but it's okay :) and you have a bit of seafront for views :)

If you want to go somewhat further, then your best bet is the Eiffel region. Sublime roads, and beautiful nature.

i'm from Gent, Belgium...not much around here. My bike only gets ridden in town, and on far holidays. I never go out just for a quick blast.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I've been told the Eiffel is the place to go... 2hrs each way is a bit different from home and makes it really only worth while as an overnighter.

Plan to check out Zeeland, (and will look into that tunnel thanks)... just really hoping for someone to share some local knowledge on particular roads/routes, and find some riding buddies as I enjoy the social side of it as much as the riding.

I didn't appreciate how spoilt I was in NZ... I miss the Coro loop!

W

·
0 Posts
i can imagine! :) NZ :drool and you left it...what men do for a woman....tsk tsk :no :bitchslap :laugh

nothing like NZ to be found in the lowlands mate! :no

i've been to the pyrenees this summer, and that was really spectacular! also, almost no traffic, no highways and pretty cheap prices, so ideally suited for a little holiday :thumbup

i'm sure some dutchmen will chime in with more detailed knowledge...holland raods aren't really my forté ;) , but yeah, Zeeland is pretty much worth the trip :thumbup

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Wreckah is right about the Eifel, it's an absolute must do! Luxembourg can be pretty entertaining too. It's a shame I haven't got a working 2 wheeler at the moment because I'd be glad to show you some parts of Zeeland! Or if you don't mind following my MR2 :laugh

One of the better roads we have with few traffic and other crap is running from Ossendrecht all the way to Borssele along the westerschelde. I've tried to make a route using google maps but it's limited on way points :banghead There are some nice places to stop and eat/drink too, which I can point out for you.

Heck, shoot me a pm and we'll sort it out!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi guys,

If I go out for a spin I take her to the Veluwe or ( if I find the time ) Friesland.
Will get my baby back from the shop next week. Can't wait.:devious:devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I was born there, but moved here shortly thereafter so I'm no help to you. Sorry.

:drool MR2

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Hi guys,

If I go out for a spin I take her to the Veluwe or ( if I find the time ) Friesland.
Also a good place to hang out with the bike! :devious

Thing is.. everything in Holland is tiny.. When villages grow twice the size, there will be no space left between them :coocoo When you don't know the area it's hard not to run in dead ends all the time or to get on the main roads that are too busy and too boring! And most things are flat.. and straight which makes no need for curvy roads either..!

I was born there, but moved here shortly thereafter so I'm no help to you. Sorry.

The best affordable sportscar money can buy! I've got no power steering on it, no airco and no abs.. pure and simpel! No turbo either, so throttle pickup is neato! for a car that is! Will do ok as a motorcycle replacement..!

·
14,150 Posts
What year do you have? I had a 1985 MR2, first year! No power steering, no abs, but I did have a/c. That's kind of a must living in Texas. And for an 85 the A/C worked perfectly, though the auto temp thing was a little wonky.

Thread hijacked. Wish I could have taken that little car to the mountains, but it was plenty fun terrorizing around town.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Went to Rock am Ring on the Nurburgring in the Eiffel. The roads are in good shape and the area is very nice to ride. I love it there. Maybe we can meet sometime and go there in a group. Should be cool: just TL"s:devious:devious

W

·
0 Posts
well, somebody beat ya on that idea ;) , there's this thing called 'TL-treffen' every year, and most of the times it is held in the eiffel region. there's about 300 of TL's there :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts

as usuall you are good for nothing :laugh

·
Registered
209 Posts
@ Wrechah

I know there's a TL meeting in the Eiffel every year, but I don't want to wait that long for that to happen again. That's next year.
I'm talking about this fall.:devious:devious

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i can imagine! :) NZ :drool and you left it...what men do for a woman....tsk tsk :no :bitchslap :laugh

nothing like NZ to be found in the lowlands mate! :no
Yeah I know, the stupid things we do huh.:coocoo.. Original plan was to only spend a year here then move to Italy, but as we all know, plans often have to change when women are involved, so looks like I’ll be here for 4 years atleast.:O

Wreckah is right about the Eifel, it's an absolute must do! Luxembourg can be pretty entertaining too. It's a shame I haven't got a working 2 wheeler at the moment because I'd be glad to show you some parts of Zeeland! Or if you don't mind following my MR2 :laugh

One of the better roads we have with few traffic and other crap is running from Ossendrecht all the way to Borssele along the westerschelde. I've tried to make a route using google maps but it's limited on way points :banghead There are some nice places to stop and eat/drink too, which I can point out for you.

Heck, shoot me a pm and we'll sort it out!
Yeah mate, I’m up for that!:thumbup If the weather’s a bit awry I can always follow you in the 944.

Will flick you a pm.

Hi guys,

Veluwe? I found a spot just west of Nijmegen/ north of Den Bosch on google maps but there ain’t much there. Is that it?

When you don't know the area it's hard not to run in dead ends all the time or to get on the main roads that are too busy and too boring!QUOTE]

That’s exactly the problem I’m suffering! :banghead I’m sure there’s gotta be places around hence why I’m asking for help!

Thread hijacked.
No worries bout the hijack, I love sportscar as much as sportsbikes. Have a highly modded 92 RX7 turbo back home, and figured I should get something European now I’m here so picked up a Porsche 944. SEXY TIMES!

Went to Rock am Ring on the Nurburgring in the Eiffel. The roads are in good shape and the area is very nice to ride. I love it there. Maybe we can meet sometime and go there in a group. Should be cool: just TL"s:devious:devious
Hell yeah, count me in!:done

well, somebody beat ya on that idea ;) , there's this thing called 'TL-treffen' every year, and most of the times it is held in the eiffel region. there's about 300 of TL's there :laugh
When’s the next one? And is it organized here?

@ Wrechah

I know there's a TL meeting in the Eiffel every year, but I don't want to wait that long for that to happen again. That's next year.
I'm talking about this fall.:devious:devious

Well if you want to organize something, I’m there.:tillis

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll get back to you all after my bike's back. We couldmakesome plans for the end of september or the beginning of october. What do you say?

·
14,150 Posts
as usuall you are good for nothing :laugh
which is still 100% more useful than yourself! :laugh

RX7 and a 944? That's a fun bunch you have there. :thumbup

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll get back to you all after my bike's back. We couldmakesome plans for the end of september or the beginning of october. What do you say?
I'm there :D

RX7 and a 944? That's a fun bunch you have there. :thumbup
Certainly is... shame they're on the opposite sides of the world.

^^^^ she's running 18" Simmons FRs now, tho I haven't seen them in the flesh yet, only seen pics of them fitted. How sad is that!

And my other toy back in NZ that I'm tryna sell at the mo...

·
14,150 Posts
Certainly is... shame they're on the opposite sides of the world.
Not so much of a shame. Depending on where you happen to be visiting/living at the moment, you've got a sweet ride! :thumbup

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello again guys,

I'm trying to set up a trip to the Eifel for us. Who wants to come?
Need a weekend where most og us are able to go.
Was thinking of a weekend in october. To close the official season.

Hope to hear for you all soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts