TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
that helps a lot!!
thank you CrashB!!

i can see the signal flow now and do some more tests.

I will report back once I get home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok so i did try to run a wire from the battery positive to the red yel wire on the fuel pump and could hear something trying to pump in the tank but nothing..... fuel pump dead?

Next: i tried checking the dark brown wire for power. When i take the 10A fuse out for the fuel pump i get no power to the dark brown wire...when i plug the fuse back in i get 12v to the dark brown wire that goes to orange / blue. Following orange / blue back to the fuel pump relay connector, I tested the voltage at the relay and im getting 12v.

Next: check orange / white. I get 12v when the kill switch is in the run position and key is on.

Next: yellow / blue. When i probe this wire and turn the key to the on position i do not get a 3 sec voltage drop. I guessing i blew the resistor in the computer is now its fried.

So with all this testing done i think the issue is a bad computer and a bad fuel pump.

Would these tests confirm? Dose this sound right?

Thank you all with all this help :)

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Ok so i did try to run a wire from the battery positive to the red yel wire on the fuel pump and could hear something trying to pump in the tank but nothing..... fuel pump dead?
If you can hear a whirring in the tank when you did this then the fuel pump is priming. Only whirrs for a few seconds though.

If this is the case then the fuel pump is fine. Now I would run a wire from the loom side of the FPR to the FP, bridging out the relay entirely and turn the ignition on. (make sure the kill switch is set to 'run'). This makes an effectively constant connection from the battery to the FP, whilst utilising all of the wiring. If the pump whirrs, then all that wiring is okay :thumbup

My next port of call if all that is okay would be to swap out the relay with a known working spare...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hello Crash

No there was no whirling, no whining...no sound at all coming the fuel pump. I could see the spark coming off the terminal but the fuel pump did not start up. I know that sound distinctly. I think its dead.

I did swap out the relay and no changes. still no voltage from the computer.

How about the voltage not dropping when i turn the key? Do u think the computer is shot now?

Tks again crash 🙂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I ordered kesmo one from ebay. It will be here the 14th. I will update once i get it.

Thank u all for the help you guys are amazing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
just an update,

I did receive the new pump. I am going to tackle this over the weekend. I will update after the weekend.

thank you all again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ok!!!

after some fun weekend work I finally got the new fuel pump in. After reassembling the pump I tried plugging in the pump directly to 12v......the pump works

then I tried plugging the fuel pump system to the relay / wiring harness and seeing if I got anything. turned the key and no relay clicks and no sound from the pump.

I am still not getting a drop across yellow / blue.

When i probe this wire and turn the key to the on position i do not get a 3 sec voltage drop to signal the relay. I guessing i blew the resistor in the computer is now its fried.

I am suspecting when I was trying to diagnose this on my own I may have jumped the Yel / Blue to direct power, frying the resistor in the computer.

thank you again for all your help :)

I have a feeling were almost there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok so far so good, as I already said I experienced the same problem(s) only I solved them vice versa, first the ECU swap, then the fuel pump swap and the start relay fix.
I hope the ECU swap brings back the sleeping beast !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
thank you tsjoe007 :)

im looking for a computer now.

if anyone has an extra one that is fora TLR I would buy it :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
some updates.

I was able to get a used computer from ebay and everything is working now. I must have fried the computer when I was testing the relay before I talked to the forum board.

thank you for all you guys help. She is alive again.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts