TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have had a search through the forum and I'm struggling to pinpoint my problem of starting sometimes and not others. I have a C41 code and my fuel pump seems to be constantly priming with the ignition on. I've checked the fuel fuse and it is fine so looking for any other ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
the relay by the sound of it? sticking on? can swap out with the side stand relay.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
the relay by the sound of it? sticking on? can swap out with the side stand relay.
+1 On the possibility of a 'sticky' fuel relay, in that it is remaining engaged longer than it should (3 sec for the prime cycle). However, it probably eventually releases, but stays on long enough to set the error code. Otherwise, the fuel pump would run constantly, even with the key off, because the fuel circuit is wired directly to the battery.

The OP didn't give us the model, but swapping the fuel pump relay with the side stand relay can only be done on a TLS. The TLR has a different configuration for the side stand relay, and the two are not interchangeable.

Another possibility, not knowing the history of this TL or the stated problem, it may be that the ECM has a faulty fuel pump control line (Yel/blue wire), and someone has bypassed the fuel relay to activate the pump whenever the key is on.
The difficulty in starting could be a separate issue of its own. :O

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great advice guys, not sure when I’ll get a chance to look at this but will feedback any info so others can use it 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts