TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way back from the BMF my FI light decided to say hello! Bike runs ok till about 7/8000 RPM or wheeling (badly) light comes on.

1. Where is the sensor?

2. If mine is fooked anyone got a spare?

3. Anything else I can check?

4 Would a breaking down IAPS cause the bike to stall every so often?

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
The sensor is on the rear of the airbox. It has a pipe attached.

They are not cheap. :banghead

You will be looking at around £40 from a breakers or £300 from a stealers!

Check its connected properly, and make sure the pipe isnt blocked or punctured.

You can find it on the fiche where it is also called a boost sensor.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try and get the tank off tonight and have a look see. Pic should be on tomorrow if I get chance to load pic at work.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
check the pipe is connected to it, and the wires are ok,
mine packed up last year, £264 from the dealer, got one from america second hand for about $40.00 i think, sorted it out

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the FI light came on a while back just after i gave it some berries then went again on the way back on sunday. now it comes on every ride. i'll have a gander tonight and see whats up.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I think I know the part Si, do you want me to send it to you anyway, you can always send it back if you get sorted.
I'm off to the PO in a mo to post some other stuff out

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you dont mind! If it ends up curing my problem i'll get the quids to you. Cheers PJ

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lifted tank last night. Think I located the IAP sensor pics to follow. It was really loose!! Would this have an effect on its operation? Tightened it up best I could seein as it was dark! Took for a spin and all was fine. Rode it into work (as I always do) with losts of berries and still fine!

Tiny

Had that blank clock problem again last night (what the Fuuuuck) took fuses out and drowned the housing in WD40. See how that one goes.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
check the white block inside the right fairing panel, loads of wires going into it, they tend to corrode very easily, i had to by-pass a couple of the wires on mine to get the clocks working again,

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check the white block tomorrow. Need to get me some outside lights for working on the bike seein as I dont have a garage to workin!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll check the white block tomorrow. Need to get me some outside lights for working on the bike seein as I dont have a garage to workin!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Don't mention that IAP sensor:scared ...I thought I had troubles with it, but swapping it with someone elses showed nought was wrong, phew!

3 cheers for Posh Johnny, quietly though - don't wannit to go to his head:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts