TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking ebay and you can get a pc111 for $279 USD which works out to be around £169 GBP posted to the uk

is it worth buying from the usa or do you always get stung with the import tax and stuff like that ?

any info will be a big help

thanks guys

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
you will pay import duty which is the VAT amount i think, then there is the cost for shipping, will it be a lot cheaper still if so it could be worth it

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i bought that nitrous kit from the USA and paid about £22 VAT on a $200 kit. parcel farce WILL charge you £8 handling etc as well (gits!!)

i didn't get charged import duty though - some things aer exempt.

the pressure plate from Vandriver was $182 delivered but it was marked as a gift so i paid no duty or VAT. if it was lost in the post though, i couldn't have claimed the true value as it wasn't declared on the packaging. its a risk you can take.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
if you do get it, you should pay no more than about £28 extra this side of the pond (don't quote me though!!)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
just buy it most ive ever paid is 32£ vat and clearance and that was for a $300 item :)

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
It can be cheaper getting it sent to one of our USA friends on the Zone, and getting them to post it to you as a gift with a low value, say $20. That way you wont pay VAT or import duty. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe someone on the Zone could put it on their bike & ride around for a week or two,test it out for you. They could also make you some map to help save you time on setup. Make sure it's ok before you pay all that duty if your luckey they won't drop it on the floor and send it to you in a bin bag :laugh

Regards,
Carl

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
carl...lick your avatar....who is she:O

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
sorry...like your avatar....though she is good enough to lick.mmmmmm:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
111 Posts
ask if the seller will give you a lower value invoice.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts