no, but i wonder what it would look like? Hmmmm

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
isnt the busa tail even fatter than the tlr tail :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Is that possible? I was totally shocked the first time I saw a TLR in the flesh without the hump, looks like a helo pad out back:lol I bet the huge trunk is handy though, you could fit a weeks groceries in there:laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
We just touree Scotland and one of the guys had an R
He had the last laugh though, the amount of stuff he got in his hump.
We stopped for a bite to eat and he whipped this out his tail end

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Well done on resurrecting a 9year old thread!

I guess each to their own but that conversion looks awful. Unless it's a terrible photo angle?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
And there goes the aerodynamics. The tail on a Busa is shaped the way it is for a very specific reason - that being drag reduction.The gixer tail will probably cost you 5-10mph off the top end. Though I suppose since that top end is theoretically in the double ton ballpark not many folks are ever likely to see it so losing a bit for aesthetic reasons isn't going to hurt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hayabusa conversion

I guess each to their own but that conversion looks awful. Unless it's a terrible photo angle?

Yes thanks for the compliment but it's won a few shows and most agree it's the best bike they've seen, I guess your taste is a bit to be desired, I have won quite a few shows with different projects and rebuilds. I guess resurrecting a dead thread was reminiscent of digging up the pharohs. Not much left except a few rags and not a lot else!
I suppose my Ducati 853 is shit as well, funny as everyone who have seen my bikes will a gree that they are beautiful machines. Fact- the Hayabusa weighs 200kgs dry now, power on the dyne at the rear wheel is 196 bop, your busa is a slug and looks like something off a Christmas tree! Fcuking awful

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Fact the busa weighs well more than 200 kilo and it needs considerable mods to get 200 ponies at the wheel.
don't see the tail change and the pipes are goin to net a 30 kilo weight reduction. cant comment on your claimed HP figures but then most dyno workshops are not going to tell you something you don't want to hear.
Not dissin the busa, owned 2 of them and they are just simply the best thing out there.

Maybe the taste is in the eye of the beholder. why diss somebody just cause they don't agree with your taste? I don't like it much either but then that is just MHO.

Tom R

·
Registered
3 Posts

The project was to reduce weight, bit like you guys try to build the Dreamliner over there, using carbon composites, its all about power to weight ratios.
I claim what i state because its fact, you Americans cant build anything except old V twin tractors! Leave it to us Europeans who have style and class!
I weighed the Hayabusa and everything i fit is titanium for strength and weight reduction, carbon for lightweight and strength, I take off not add on bling.
I consider this conversion to be the best there is.The Yoshimura R-77 is a huge weight reduction as is getting rid of all the back end, raiser links and a remote adjustable rear shock adds to the handling.
(Raiser links give sharper steering) This photo is a few years old and there have been many improvements including a li ion battery which is considerably smaller and much lighter, Try justifying your criticism.
These are actual facts unlike your Dreamliner white elephant

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Erm, is it just me but why have you even found this site and posted this anyway, it's a TL site, or do you have one tucked away somewhere,
Just seems a bit strange to me, mind you I do have busa forks and brakes on my TLS, maybe I should put some pictures of it on hyabusazone.net.

Reactions: bbv203

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Yes thanks for the compliment but it's won a few shows and most agree it's the best bike they've seen, I guess your taste is a bit to be desired, I have won quite a few shows with different projects and rebuilds. I guess resurrecting a dead thread was reminiscent of digging up the pharohs. Not much left except a few rags and not a lot else!
I suppose my Ducati 853 is shit as well, funny as everyone who have seen my bikes will a gree that they are beautiful machines. Fact- the Hayabusa weighs 200kgs dry now, power on the dyne at the rear wheel is 196 bop, your busa is a slug and looks like something off a Christmas tree! Fcuking awful
Krikey, why don't you just go to a busa forum where maybe they will give a **** about your ability to "build" a busa. Although I'm not sure sticking a new rear end is considered a build but neither of those are TL related so I think you may be a little lost.
Your Ducati is quite nice, although my custom 1098s steetfighter looks much nicer but hey.... That's my opinion!

Any ways, hope you enjoy building your bikes but if you are here looking for praise or God status then you will be disappointed as its the wrong forum for the wrong bike and you don't exaclty seem like the person who can accept views that aren't the same as yours!

Reactions: tlsgazza

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Reactions: Zipcode

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like it,
I guess it would look like this: ...Photochop baby :banana

...hey, my bike doesn't look bad with a black tail. Humm, maybe I need a CF Tail :devious
[/QUOT
I guess it would look like this: ...Photochop baby :banana

...hey, my bike doesn't look bad with a black tail. Humm, maybe I need a CF Tail :devious
If the rear tire was back a lil further would make a big difference. I like the look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts