TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im going nekked on the TLS but I have Busa forks on it with a stock Busa fender. The fender is HUGE and really stands out without the rest of the plastics on. What other options do I have that may look good on a nekked bike with these forks?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I believe powerbronze sells BUSA fenders that are not as big, but I'm told it's very expensive :O

G

·
Just cut it up some. It's a "fighter" right??? I've cut 2 fenders for different looks. The problem I've had is the back mounts keep cracking near the calipers and then the fender rattles...NOT from the mods to the fender, just crappy roads around my old area of town. I'm in the process of attaching some metal straps instead of plastic at the rear of the fender behind the forks for a more secure mounting point. Crank up the Dremel or something...

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Get a CF Busa fender, reinforce the backside with some fiberglass, then trim it way down?

·
Registered
871 Posts
you can use a fender off a duc!:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
You say a Duc fender works, which one? The mounting holes look to be too narrow. My forks have aprx. 53.5 mm between holes on the fork mount tabs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi TLs/r can you tell me did the busa forks fit the standard yokes i think im right in saying there the same length also do you need the busa wheel spindle

·
Registered
871 Posts
TLR-Billbo has a 998 ducati front fender on his busa forks send him a pm to find out how it fits on busa forks he would know better than me I put the 998 fender on my tlr forks.:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi TLs/r can you tell me did the busa forks fit the standard yokes i think im right in saying there the same length also do you need the busa wheel spindle

Everything's a straight swap but I think the Busa forks are actually shorter. Not by much though. Not enough to make a difference anyway. Slip out the old, slip in the new. :)

G

·
Coerce make a sweet CF Fender, but pretty pricey though. Could you make/ or have made custom brackets/plates to accommadate the TLR fender perhaps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts