TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a delivery/courier company (besides Aus post) that can offer a good service in Aus? I'm selling a set of fairings and want to make sure they reach the seller in good nick.

Also, whats the best way to pack fairings for shipping?

·
Registered
918 Posts
i got whole set shipped to me from bris to melb (aus post) $36 reg got a tank sent pack and save $120

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I'd pack smallest bit into bigger bit till biggest with bublewrap in between. I get fridge cartons and cut them down to exact size to go around my stuff. sometimes do two layers. just sent an expensive tape player to wa this way.

You are going to be charged cubic weight which is not its actual weight but a figure calculated by its volume. the smaller the cheaper. I've found the bus companies can be competitive but they don't pick up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd pack smallest bit into bigger bit till biggest with bublewrap in between. I get fridge cartons and cut them down to exact size to go around my stuff. sometimes do two layers. just sent an expensive tape player to wa this way.

You are going to be charged cubic weight which is not its actual weight but a figure calculated by its volume. the smaller the cheaper. I've found the bus companies can be competitive but they don't pick up.

Thanks for that, good idea with packing things within each other. I'll try and scour the local electrical shops for some good boxes. If I do sell it, just want to send it in the best way so that it doesn't get damaged.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I wonder if it's worth using the mirror mount holes to screw a bit of broom handle or something between them? They'd hve to be the most vulnerable bits.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
:stupid

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
my RC-51 oe fairings went with the bike by a bike courier (buyer payed & organized pickup) sorry cant help there.

australian post (within australia)
if in box its cubed as size of box by $aud
bubble/tuff bag or wrapped they can not cube :devious

australia post (international)
all goes by weight

but as for packing is used LOTS of bubble wrap LOTS.
i wrapped each large side fairing then all small parts wrapped. i taped all small wrapped parts on the inside of the side fairings. then taped side fairings togeather & bubble wrapped again as a hole bundle then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts