TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...not exactly what you went out looking for but it looks ok for a hog...

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Weighs almost twice the TL with 60% of the hp and 30% of the reliability, how can that be fun? :lol

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Bring your R, I will spank it with my S.......:coocoo

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
buddy had one of those, huge POS even for a harley. 70's early 80's werent good harley years, might as well bought and AMF harley. If you like it have fun with it, but I would have swayed on a cheaper newer 883 over that.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
after having ridden some harleys im just such a hater for them. but ill be waiting to see what you do with it man :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I'm not a Harley fan all. My dad has one and I've worked on and ridden many over the years.
Just not thing.
But if you like it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Brought home a hog... 79 sportser to be exact. Let me know what you think:

It must had a lot of work done to it being a 79 is a mag wheel bike (had one in 1985)..... I still remember the time i took off from a stop sign and somewhere around 30 mph a muffler blew out of the header pipe,pivoted on the mount and dug into the road......I believe i took the World record for a HD pole vault that day.... I sold it cheap back then for what would have been US$5490.
Good bike when short shifted.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Make it a cafe racer :laugh I like the pink tassels though just your style Chuck ... no wait, are they tie-downs? :devious

·
Registered
871 Posts
so you bought a harley, what's going on with the tl?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm not a Harley fan all. My dad has one and I've worked on and ridden many over the years.
Just not thing.
But if you like it, that's all that matters.

:stupid My parents were and still are Harley folk.. been around them my entire life, learn to ride on one...... even owned a Buell for a while.......

botom line....... Hate them!!!
:devious

sorry Chuck, best of luck though!!!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:rotfl

Right now the Harley would spank the TLR never mind your S Doug, on the bright side my TLR is so light I can pick it up and throw it across the yard (no motor) :lol

You might like it if I told you I got it for FREE :devious

Hey Kami -yep they may as well be pink tassles -you should see how small the bike looks when I sit on it.

Whats up I expected someold timers to tell me how much this bike kicks ass and how it is a work of artand a miracle that it still runs :lol

Come on its nostalgic. Now when I talk to Harley guys and they snicker or cry cause my TL is faster and sounds better -I will say yeah I have one of those too -I keep it around so my woman can ride it BWAAAAAHAAAAAHHAAAAAA!!!

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
My friend had one of those. It was made at the tail end of the AMF era, when quality control was a big issue. He did a lot of stuff to it and made it right, but it took some work. I remember riding it and the vibration was so intense it blurred my vision on the freeway :lol

One thing he did was to lower compression by using some VW pistons that were machined to fit. The iron engine gets real hot and it actually made better power with a lower CR.

He put a bigger tank on it, stripped off the instruments, painted it all black and it looked very cool. He wound up selling it to a college kid, who called repeatedly after the sale, praising the bike for getting him constantly laid on campus :)

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
You might like it if I told you I got it for FREE :devious
well that gets you some points, price is right. Feels lighter then the TL because the CG is much lower. it's at about your knees instead of your belt buckle. I sat one of these and it totally feels lighter then the TL. The guy had me make shackles to lower it another inch. He wanted the bike for his wife because he got something bigger for him.

it will be more work then the TL, but it can be just as much fun.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts