TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an aftermarket screen (Zero Gravity) break while going down the road?:O It sucks!:banghead the wind vibrates the broken pieces together and flexes the hell out of the upper! It actually loosened the fairing stay from moving after it broke!:rant

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Before installing Speedking's C/F windscreen, I had a Zero Gravity and had no problems with it.

Of course, it never broke.. I don't know why yours did...
No flexing, no vibration.. everything was just nice.... :O

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rifleman said:
wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with speedes in the tripple digits.... WOULD IT?:coocoo :laugh
probably, but for Christ's sake, it shouldn't have broken!!! I'm sure they are tested to go faster than I was going.

That would have been like getting hit by a razorblade if it would have come all the way apart!!!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
foght801 said:
probably, but for Christ's sake, it shouldn't have broken!!! I'm sure they are tested to go faster than I was going.

That would have been like getting hit by a razorblade if it would have come all the way apart!!!

Can you take one picture or two of the broken windshield?
It would be interesting to see where exactly the shield was broken.
Did you overtighten any of the bolts and cracked it and it broke from airpressure later?
:O
I can't really see any reason for ANY windshield to brake just like that ....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'll get some pics later. the bolts were not too tight. it worked for 5000 miles before breaking. i believe it was an air pressure issue.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
thats just fukkin weird man, i have been running zero G screens on several bikes for many years...are you SURE nothing hit it? I have run well over 100 for prolonged periods of time and no problems.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seems strange to me too because I've cracked mine (zero gravity double bubble) right at the middle hole, about two inches long ,while installing it and I've been up to 155 mph a couple of times since and haven't had any problems.
Must've been a big azz bug!
Glad nuttin' happened to you though!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am 99% positive that nothing hit it. No marks on it antwhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.