TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever run bridgestone slicks.... I currently have a set of dunlop 125/80-17 and 195/65-17's on my track bike and I was very happy with them. The only problem is they are expensive. My shop just became set up as a dealer to get bridgestone slicks and I was wondering what everyone thought of them... BTW I run intermediate at my local track, which is jennings....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody???

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
not many running slicks i suspect. ive always run road ties on the track more heat cycles etc... + not sure standard suspenders are up to slick grip levels. + we get a fair range of tempature in Sydney and the slicks only seem to work in a narrow range.

how many heat cycles do you get out of a set of slicks? do yo u race or just trackdays?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track days but I have warmers so they stay hot all day..... I have an ohlins rear and race tech busa forks up front for suspension.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hi mate never run bridgestones. just switched to slicks and warmers this year running pirelli superbikes at mo awesome grip dont think any of the other makes would be any worse :O enjoy

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The Dunlops you are running are excellent tyres. the Bridgestones are supposedly not bad either, but in comparison to the Dunlops you will have to change your suspension setups.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Dunlops you are running are excellent tyres. the Bridgestones are supposedly not bad either, but in comparison to the Dunlops you will have to change your suspension setups.

Greetings
Rufer
Very true, but I have only done one track day with the dunlops and I didn't adjust a thing on the suspension. For $320.00 a set plus shipping it is a difficult decision. The money I save pays for my track day....

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have just started running slicks for trackdays & my first set were bridgestones 195rear 125front. These were bought second hand I have never had so much grip:) & other than a couple of slides when I was trying to pass on the outside of corners, off line,:banghead there was no issue at all with grip.
If they are cheaper & you're not trying to out run Rossi & Stoner,I would say go for it:yes

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I ran them on my TZ250 and I loved them. The most grip I have ever experienced from any tire. I never ran them on a bigger bike like my TL though. I crashed before I could make the jump...LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts