TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Only recently introduced myself but mentioned i was getting some S20s fitted and a few people asked for my feedback.

Well i came from a Michelin Pilot touring rear and a12 year old Metzler front, so not the best basis for comparison. But i am overly impressed, i put about 250 miles in the last 3 days on and they seem fine. Warm up in bout 15 miles and the road noise seems good.

Now, as mentioned I'm new to sports bikes and this is my first. So I lent it to my mate who has 7 years sports riding experience, currently on an 11 plate Repsol Firblade with Pirelli Diablo Corsas.

He took it out and reported that it felt really well balanced and surprisingly light (this is after my suspension setup at Kais) and he was very imprssed with the tyres, felt confident enough to scrub off all my chicken lines for me!

So the triple compound S20s have proven that its not my bike, its me. And i just need to man up and LEAN!:banghead

Hope that helps folks.

Si

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Cheers
I usually run Bridgestone and currently running bt21 and bt23 and find them very grippy in all conditions, but I've read nothing but good things about them, I've always used their sports tyres in the past and found them to be great in the wet

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers
I usually run Bridgestone and currently running bt21 and bt23 and find them very grippy in all conditions, but I've read nothing but good things about them, I've always used their sports tyres in the past and found them to be great in the wet
Well I work on the theory that if a motorcycle tyre dealer recommends them enough to put S20s on his own bike, its a big thumbs up from me.

Afterall he has ALL the tyre options available to him.

BTW I got them a TST Tyres in Warrington and got a great service from them, they are all bikers who work there and the owner, Tony, has been racing bikes for years. Really knows his stuff :fingerlol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts