TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am just about to put on new brake lines and I noticed it is getting close to the time to get new pads. No issues yet but they are wearing after all I have over 14k miles so I guess it is time. Please list experiences and recommendations for brake pads since I will buy some in the next week or so.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
ebc hh generally, many threads on pads.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
:stupid

make sure your rotors are in good shape too, otherwise you may not get the full gain out of the extra $$ for the better pads/lines

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've tried Galfers, OEM, Vesrah and EBC's and I have to say, as much as I love my local Galfer guy, the Vesrah's are AWESOME. The TL's weight hurts their power a bit, but the RJL's are very strong, give some good feel (more power than feel), and genuinely don't take much time to bed in at all. Oh, and no weird noises. Great pads and I heard the SRJL's are even stronger. Although, despite what I'ver heard of their MASSIVE outright stopping power, Vesrah lists them as actually having less innital power and more power as you pull (RJL's are more of a flat power curve if you can picture it that way).

That having been said, I've been using the OEM pads this season on my GSXR and they've work very well.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Vesrah's here ... my rotors are rooted but being replaced this week and despite that, the vesrah's are great. Quiet too ...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks all and I know there are threads but I just wanted this one for myself :) anyway I dont want to ruin my rotors totally so this is the biggest question I have now. also how does the stock pad stack up with the others you are mentioning?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts