TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help..sorry for the non TL related post, but im having an issue replacing my brake pads on my 99 pathfinder...i dont know witch bolts to remove on the back side of the caliper to release it from the rotor, is anyone familiar with nissans? :confused

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
IIRC there's two slide bolts and two that actually hold the caliper bracket to the yoke. Post a pic and I'll tell you which ones you need to remove:)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant post till these evening, but i will do that...as far as you know, are those bolts on the back side of the caliper were you can not see without looking inside the wheeel well, or on the outside edge?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
IIRC The bolts to secure the caliper bracket will be on the inside, the slide bolts could be in either location, but will usually be more on top of the caliper while the bracket bolts will be further down. Usually you just need to remove the slide bolts to replace pads. If you need to take the rotors off you'll need to remove the bracket bolts too.

Does your setup look sorta like this?

http://cbradioinfo.freewebpage.org/Mysetup/Truck and car pics/Replacing brake pads and rotors.htm

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly like that!! thank you, i was looking at the wrong bolts completely! very much help thank you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts