TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing ronayers.com and the TLR and TLS fiches. It seems the TLS and the TLS share the crossover brake hose configuration, with brake hoses the only parts that differs. All banjo bolts are the same.

I thought the R had a dual line setup, but is that just an aftermarket solution?

Anyone knows what the busa mc banjo bolt looks like? Is the thread pitch the only difference? The busa mc bolt has an identical part# as the left hand side caliper banjo bolt for the TL.

I'm trying to place an order for a set of SS galfer lines and want everything to be right in my bastard combo of TLS, TLR and busa components. :dowhat

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The TLR and TLS lines have the same fittings, the TLS lines are just a bit longer IIRC. Busa should be the same fittings too I think (the lower fittings are the same for sure, not 100% sure about the MC but I think its the same).

So all this to say, you most likely need TLS lines:)

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I've been pretty sure about the lines. Now I just want the right banjo bolts to go with that. :)

From the fiches it seems the mc banjo bolt differs from tlr/tls and the busa, but the caliper banjo bolts are the same. So I should be able to just get me a busa banjo bolt set and be done with it.

I'll remove my front brakes and disassemble them so I can see exactly what the difference is between the TLS mc banjo bolt and the left side caliper banjo bolt. Then I should know for sure.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Sounds like you've got it sussed.

I had braided lines and chrome banjo's on a stock TLS set-up, then I went with TLR 6 potters and a TLR 5/8" MC and just trnasferred the lines and Banjo's over.

The only "if" for you is the Busa MC pitch.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Get the Galfer set up for the TLS, I just put one on, was about $89.00 shipped from Todd at Cap-Sportbikes. They rock, try it. The TLS is about 2-3 inches or so longer than the R.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like you've got it sussed.

I had braided lines and chrome banjo's on a stock TLS set-up, then I went with TLR 6 potters and a TLR 5/8" MC and just trnasferred the lines and Banjo's over.

The only "if" for you is the Busa MC pitch.
The pitch of the caliper banjo bolts on the TLS, are they "coarse" (1.25mm)? I'm thinking this might be the difference, that the TLS mc has a fine coarse banjo bolt and the busa has the coarser one. Ah, whatever. A disassemble and I'll know. I'm just a bit lazy... :devious

EDIT: I just found the solution on my own fiches. The TLS/R mc banjo bolt is a fine thread (M10x1.00) and the caliper banjo bolts are coarse threaded (M10x1.25). This means the Busa mc banjo bolt is simply a coarse thread bolt with 1.25mm pitch. So a Busa set of bolts is a match for my combo. :thumbup

Yep, Doug. It's the Galfer lines/pads kit I'm getting from Todd. I hope I get it right though. TLS lines, TLR pads and Busa bolts. :laugh
Is the Galfer solution a cross-over or a dual line setup?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts